Ayat Hadith A Day - Muharram 16, 1431 (January 1, 2010)

  • Ayat Hadith A Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      Ayat of the day

      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

      Ibrahim (Abraham), Ayat 8
      Audio

      8. Waqala moosa in takfuroo antum waman fee al-ardi jameeAAan fa-inna Allaha laghaniyyun hameedun

      [14.8] And Musa said: If you are ungrateful, you and those on earth all together, most surely Allah is Self-sufficient, Praised;
      [ Translated by Shakir ]

      Hadith of the Day

      Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah

      Narrated 'Aisha:
      (the mother of believers) Allah's Apostle during his fatal ailment said, "Order Abu Bakr to lead the people in prayer." I said, "If Abu Bakr stood at your place (in prayers, the people will not be able to hear him because of his weeping, so order 'Umar to lead the people in prayer." He again said, "Order Abu Bakr to lead the people in prayer " Then I said to Hafsa, "Will you say (to the Prophet), 'If Abu Bakr stood at your place, the people will not be able to hear him be cause of his weeping, so order 'Umar to lead the people in prayer?" Hafsa did so, whereupon Allah's Apostle said, "You are like the companions of Joseph (See Qur'an, 12:30-32). Order Abu Bakr to lead the people in prayer." Hafsa then said to me, "I have never received any good from you!"

      (Reported Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 406)