Ayat Hadith A Day - Rajab 8, 1430 (July 1, 2009)

  • Ayat Hadith A Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Ayat of the day

      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

      Hud (The Prophet Hud), Ayat 101
      Audio

      101. Wama thalamnahum walakin thalamoo anfusahum fama aghnat AAanhum alihatuhumu allatee yadAAoona min dooni Allahi min shay-in lamma jaa amru rabbika wama zadoohum ghayra tatbeebin

      [11.101] And We did not do them injustice, but they were unjust to themselves, so their gods whom they called upon besides Allah did not avail them aught when the decree of your Lord came to pass; and they added but to their ruin.

      [ Translated by Shakir ]

            Hadith of the day

      Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh))

      Narrated Masruq:
      I said to 'Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse:
      'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) 'Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited:
      'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31.34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) 'Aisha added. "But the Prophet saw Gabriel in his true form twice."

      (Reported Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 378)