Ayat Hadith A Day - Rabi` Al-Thani 4, 1430 (March 31, 2009)

  • Ayat Hadith A Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Ayat of the day

      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

      Hud (The Prophet Hud), Ayat 7
      Audio

      7. Wahuwa allathee khalaqa alssamawati waal-arda fee sittati ayyamin wakana AAarshuhu AAala alma-i liyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu AAamalan wala-in qulta innakum mabAAoothoona min baAAdi almawti layaqoolanna allatheena kafaroo in hatha illa sihrun mubeenun

      [11.7] And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods-- and His dominion (extends) on the water-- that He might manifest to you, which of you is best in action, and if you say, surely you shall be raised up after death, those who disbelieve would certainly say: This is nothing but clear magic.

      [ Translated by Shakir ]

            Hadith of the day

      Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh))

      Narrated Musab:
      I asked my father, "Was the Verse:-- 'Say: (O Muhammad) Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of their deeds?'(18.103) revealed regarding Al-Haruriyya?" He said, "No, but regarding the Jews and the Christians, for the Jews disbelieved Muhammad and the Christians disbelieved in Paradise and say that there are neither meals nor drinks therein. Al- Hururiyya are those people who break their pledge to Allah after they have confirmed that they will fulfill it, and Sad used to call them 'Al-Fasiqin (evildoers who forsake Allah's obedience).

      (Reported Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 252)