Re: [islamic_ways] questions?

  • Alvaro Franco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30 6:04 PM
      I would not recommend anyone to go to sunnipath.
      Faraz Rabbani and the rest are well known advocators of tawassul of the shirk kind.
      Meaning asking the ulama of the past for things and not finding anything wrong in that.
      They are from the sufiyah movement of Nuh Ha Mim Keller, Masud Khan, and the rest.

      Wa I'zat lilahi wal islam

      Wa Salaaam Alaykum

      Musa Al Colombee
    • Yaser Farid
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004

        AsSalaamu Alykum,

        Sister, you have become Muslim but have you not read what God has said?

        As for the movies I answered before, as to what activities are prohibited, lets see what Allah says in Quran.

        Surah Al-A'raf (7)

        32 Say: Who hath forbidden the beautiful (gifts) of Allah which He hath produced for his servants and the things clean and pure (which He hath provided) for sustenance?  Say: they are in the life of this world for those who believe (and) purely for them on the Day of Judgment.  Thus do We explain the signs in detail for those who understand.

        33 Say: The things that my Lord hath indeed forbidden are: shameful deeds whether open or secret; sins and trespasses against truth or reason; assigning of partners to Allah for which he hath given no authority; and saying things about Allah of which ye have no knowledge.

        And as to what you eat.

        Surah Al-Baqara (2)

        172 O ye who believe! eat of the good things that We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is Him ye worship.

        173 He hath only forbidden you dead meat and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits then is he guiltless.  For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

        Now as for food from the people of the book, the verse clearly explains that,

        Al-Maida (5)

        5 This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you.  The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them.  (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers but chaste women among the People of the Book revealed before your time when ye give them their due dowers and desire chastity not lewdness nor secret intrigues.  If anyone rejects faith fruitless is his work and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

        God has made this religion easy for you so don’t make it hard on yourself.

        Yaser Farid