Re: [islamic_ways] France and Its Plan On Banning Hijab

  • Isha away
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      asalamu aleikum

      well.. now, kind a heard bout this, but for real this is not acceptable..

      now, if we Muslims do not take a stand then of course this will happen..

      now, I don't live in france, nor do I really know anyone there, so I have actaully not much of a clue what goes on there... in other countries, Sweden for example it has been some trouble for girls comming to school in niqaab. From the govenment side they have given the different schools freedom to do as they please with the situation, meaning they are allowed and also encouraged to forbid these sisters to come to school in niqaab.

      This has led to protest etc.. and muslims have alhamdulillah come together, forming lists etc. to protest to the government bout this, because we need to make ourselves heard here... today they will forbid niqaab, tomorrow hijab etc etc..

      So, I encourage Muslims in France to come together and do something similar, if we Muslims can do something more international through this mailing list etc.. then let us, fi sabilillah..

      "...Allah will never change the Grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls:... " [Holy Quraan 8:53]

      wa asalamu aleikum
      Isha

      quranicreciter <quranicreciter@...> wrote:

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3248614.stm

      Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor

    • RAJASVEILS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        assalamu alaikum count me in! wa alaikum asalaam sis raja ps what can we do?
        We need a sis contact in france..anyone know someone?

        www.rajasveils.com

      • draishalove
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
          as salaam alaikum, thank you for the email., i was thinking exactly the same thing that we all need to do something regarding this matter, i will take it under advisement to the next muslim community center council meeting in columbus, ohio, remember we are only as strong as the weekest link, ma salaama to you and you community, dr. aisha love
          > well.. now, kind a heard bout this, but for real this is not acceptable..
          >
          > now, if we Muslims do not take a stand then of course this will happen..
          >
          > now, I don't live in france, nor do I really know anyone there, so I have actaully not much of a clue what goes on there... in other countries, Sweden for example it has been some trouble for girls comming to school in niqaab. From the govenment side they have given the different schools freedom to do as they please with the situation, meaning they are allowed and also encouraged to forbid these sisters to come to school in niqaab.
          >
          > This has led to protest etc.. and muslims have alhamdulillah come together, forming lists etc. to protest to the government bout this, because we need to make ourselves heard here... today they will forbid niqaab, tomorrow hijab etc etc..
          >
          > So, I encourage Muslims in France to come together and do something similar, if we Muslims can do something more international through this mailing list etc.. then let us, fi sabilillah..
          >
          > "...Allah will never change the Grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls:... " [Holy Quraan 8:53]
          >
          > wa asalamu aleikum
          > Isha
          >
          > quranicreciter <quranicreciter@...> wrote:
          >
          > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3248614.stm
          >
          > Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor

          > "Do not curse the wind. If events contradict your wishes, pray." Muhammad (PBUH)- In At Tirmidhi: Narrated by Ubayy Ibn Ka’b.

          BlackPlanet.com free e-mail - http://www.blackplanet.com/Registration/
          The World Is Yours.
          Check out our Special Introductory Offer - E-mail Forwarding for just $5.95 per year!

          Powered by Outblaze
        • Hassane Elyamani
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
            salam alikoum
            i m a brother living in france what do you think
            french muslim can do in face french governement's plan
            of banning headrscares?
            --- RAJASVEILS@... a écrit : > assalamu alaikum