EID-UL-FITR FOR WHOM?

  • Abdullah AM
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003

      EID-UL-FITR FOR WHOM?

      http://www.al-islamforall.org/Misc/EID ul fitr1.pdf

      Sayyid Abul Ala Mawdudi

      An excellent reminder on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr.

      Time to evaluate the month-long vigorous training.

      Some of the excerpts from his book:

      WHO TRULY DESERVES EID GREETINGS?

      I extended my greeting to you and to all of my Muslim brothers. People who genuinely deserve the greeting of Eid are those who fasted for the whole month of Ramadan; who endeavored to take maximum benefit from the instructions of Qur'an ; who tried to read, understand and take guidance from Qur'an and took advantage of the character-building exercise which Ramadan seeks to impart to every  Muslim. Qur'an explains only two primary objectives of the month of Ramadan: firstly, Muslims should build their character.

      And secondly, Muslims pay gratitude to Allah for the favour he has bestowed on Muslims, in the form of revealing Qur'an , during the month of Ramadan.

      If there is one biggest favour Allah has done to the humanity, it is the revelation of Qur'an…. Holy Qur'an, is the blessing which is conceived for the soul of man, for his character and essentially for his real altruism, is the ultimate benediction.

      Second and equally important objective of fasting, in the month of Ramadan, for which it has been made mandatory is that you should lead a pious and righteous life.

      In the destruction of every single evil and establishment of each virtue, pious subjects of Allah have strived for years, only then the development of human culture, on the lines of universal ethics, could be made possible in the world.

      Gentlemen, we need to think very sincerely about the reasons that have resulted into this situation. If handful of people behaved like this, it could have been ignored. But we find hundreds of thousands of people present among us, who very vocally and proudly keep eating and drinking in Ramadan and perversely humiliate to those who fast. This is clearly a very alarming development and we should attempt to understand the causes behind this.

      Unfortunately, a large number of people among us are those who do not turn towards Allah even during Ramadan. The holy month comes and goes but their homes do not indicate any sign that these are inhabited by Muslims, for whom this month has any special significance.

      Clearly, those who behave like this are akin to a situation of a barren land that, even during monsoons, when every inch of land turns lush green and the crop blooms and flourishes, does not produce a single leaf of grass. The way monsoons are a season of cultivation and growth for land, similarly Ramadan is an era of sprouting and flowering of the spirit of Islam.

      If during the month of Ramadan any individual has imbibed this spirit of Fast, then he truly justifies the greetings of Eid. And the one who does not throw up this month-long training on the very first day after Eid, but keeps benefiting from this for the remaining eleven months of the year, he is even more worthy for Eid greetings. Consider a hypothetical situation where an individual eats highly lavish food, which is extremely nutritious for him. But immediately after feeding, he vomits it out by putting a finger into the throat, and then there will be no benefit of this diet, because he has not allowed the food to digest and translate into blood. On the contrary, if an individual eats and digests food and then blood is made which circulates in his body, then this the actual reward of eating which he has gained.

      The real payoff of Ramadan can be gained only when, after Eid, you do not puke the vigorous training, imparted to you for a month. Rather, for remaining eleven months, allow its effects to work on your life. It one can achieve this goal from Ramadan, and then he truly deserves hearty greetings; that he has bagged a very precious blessing of Allah.

      Time to CONTINUE a pious and righteous life after the Ramadan.

      EID-UL-FITR FOR WHOM?

      FREE Available

      In Zip Format http://www.al-islamforall.org/Misc/EID ul fitr.zip

      In PDF Format http://www.al-islamforall.org/Misc/EID ul fitr1.pdf

      www.al-islamforall.org

      (A unique & comprehensive FREE e-Library in Multiple Languages)

      And many more books for the complete family in Multiple Languages

      The purpose of the web site is to provide wide range, authentic & comprehensive information about all the teachings of Islam at one place with unique FREE download facilities.

      We will highly appreciate if you introduce among your friends in the best possible manners.

      Jazakumullah Khair

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ *  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Please send all comments, suggestions to: info@...

      Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger
    • Abdul Mateen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003

[...]

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      • Abdullah AM
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2004

          Eid is essentially related to supplication that commences at the beginning of Ramadan and culminates after the end of Ramadan, by thanking Allah, with special Eid prayers.

          WHO TRULY DESERVES EID GREETINGS?

          I extended my greeting to you and to all of my Muslim brothers. People who genuinely deserve the greeting of Eid are those who fasted for the whole month of Ramadan; who endeavoured to take maximum benefit from the instructions of Qur'an ; who tried to read, understand and take guidance from Qur'an and took advantage of the character-building exercise which Ramadan seeks to impart to every  Muslim. Qur'an explains only two primary objectives of the month of Ramadan: firstly, Muslims should build their character.

          And secondly, Muslims pay gratitude to Allah for the favour he has bestowed on Muslims, in the form of revealing Qur'an , during the month of Ramadan….

          The real payoff of Ramadan can be gained only when, after Eid, you do not puke the vigorous training, imparted to you for a month. Rather, for remaining eleven months, allow its effects to work on your life. It one can achieve this goal from Ramadan, and then he truly deserves hearty greetings; that he has bagged a very precious blessing of Allah.

          An excellent reminder on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr. - Time to evaluate the month-long vigorous training.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Please read

          EID-UL-FITR FOR WHOM?

          In PDF Format http://www.al-islamforall.org/Misc/EID ul fitr1.pdf

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          FREE Available on

          www.al-islamforall.org

          (A unique & comprehensive FREE e-Library in Multiple Languages)

          Many more books are available in Multiple Languages

          *** *** ***

          The purpose of the web site is to provide wide range, authentic & comprehensive information about all the teachings of Islam at one place with a unique FREE download facility.

          We will highly appreciate if you introduce among your friends in the best possible manner.

          Peace

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~ *  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2004

[...]

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Abdullah AM
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005

              EID-UL-FITR FOR WHOM?

[...]

              Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi

              In Zip Format

              In PDF Format

              Free Available on

              www.al-islamforall.org

              (A unique & comprehensive FREE e-Library in Multiple Languages)

              And many more books for the complete family in Multiple Languages

              The purpose of the web site is to provide wide range, authentic & comprehensive information about all the teachings of Islam at one place with unique FREE download facilities.

              We will highly appreciate if you introduce among your friends in the best possible manners.

              Jazakumullah Khair

            • Abdul Mateen