Islam is a Peace Offering to the World

  • Adam Mohomed Sait
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2013
      Islam is a Peace Offering to the World

      Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:
      Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them,
      "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)?"
      Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)."
      Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him."
      Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me."
      Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam). The first question he asked me about him was:
      'What is his (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)family status amongst you?'
      I replied, 'He(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.'
      Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)?'
      I replied, 'No.'
      He said, 'Was anybody amongst his(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) ancestors a king?'
      I replied, 'No.'
      Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)?'
      I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam).'
      He said, 'Are his(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?'
      I replied, 'They are increasing.'
      He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?'
      I replied, 'No.'
      Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) of telling lies before his (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) claim (to be a Prophet)?'
      I replied, 'No. '
      Heraclius said, 'Does he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) break his promises?'
      I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) but we do not know what he will do in it.'

      I could not find opportunity to say anything against him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) except that.
      Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)?'
      I replied, 'Yes.'
      Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?'
      I replied, 'Sometimes he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) was victorious and sometimes we.'

      Heraclius said, 'What does he(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) order you to do?'
      I said, 'He(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.'

      Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following,
      I asked you about his(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) family and your reply was that he(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples.
      I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) was following the previous man's statement.
      Then I asked you whether anyone of his (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom.
      I further asked whether he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)was ever accused of telling lies before he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)said what he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah.
      I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people.
      Then I asked you whether his (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects.
      I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely.
      I asked you whether he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray.
      Then I asked you what he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste.
      If what you have said is true, he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) was going to appear but I did not know that he (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) would be from you,
      and if I could reach him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)definitely, I would go immediately to meet him (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) and if I were with him(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam), I would certainly wash his feet.'

      Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam)which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows:
      "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants).
      (And I recite to you Allah's Statement:) 'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64).

      Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet)(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)."
      The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews). 'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.' While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle(SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.' (After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) and the fact that he was a Prophet (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam). On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).' (On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience. (When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).

      Sahih Al-Bukhari Book #1, Hadith #6

      Asma (May Allah be pleased with her) said: A woman came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: "O Messenger of Allah! I have a daughter who had an attack of small pox and her hair fell off. Now I want to celebrate her marriage. Can I get her a wig?" Thereupon the Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah has cursed the maker and wearer of a wig."[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

      Commentary:

      This Hadith mentions women of three kinds, namely:
      1. One who patches or joins the hair.
      2. One who desires to have such hair.
      3. One whose hair are taken to mix with the hair of another woman.
      All the three of them have been cursed. Such artificial hair are called wig. `Beauty Parlours' are very active in prompting the use of wigs and other shameful fashions. May Allah save us from such evils.
      Almost the same Hadith has been related from `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her).

      296/1642 - Riyad Us-Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous)

      Islam is a Peace Offering to the World

      By Abu Amina Elias for FaithinAllah.org

      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

      Islam is the religion of peace, which means Muslims have been commanded to spread peace on earth. This was the Prophet’s first command to the Muslims when he arrived in Medina.

      Abdullah ibn Salam said: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, came to Medina, the people rushed towards him and it was said, “The Messenger of Allah has come!” I came along with the people to see him, and when I looked at the face of the Messenger of Allah, I realized that his face was not the face of a liar. The first thing he said was:

      يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ أَفْشُوا السَّلَامَ وَأَطْعِمُوا الطَّعَامَ وَصَلُّوا بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّاسُ نِيَامٌ تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ بِسَلَامٍ

      O people, spread peace, feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.

      Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 1334, Grade: Sahih

      Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

      اعْبُدُوا الرَّحْمَنَ وَأَفْشُوا السَّلَامَ

      Worship the Most Merciful and spread peace.

      Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 3694, Grade: Sahih

      Abu Umamah reported:

      أَمَرَنَا نَبِيُّنَا صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنْ نُفْشِيَ السَّلَامَ

      Our Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, commanded us to spread peace.

      Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 3693, Grade: Hasan

      The command to spread peace applies to people we know as well as people we do not know.

      Allah said:

      هَلْ أَتَاكَ حَدِيثُ ضَيْفِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْمُكْرَمِينَ إِذْ دَخَلُوا عَلَيْهِ فَقَالُوا سَلَامًا ۖ قَالَ سَلَامٌ قَوْمٌ مُّنكَرُونَ

      Has there reached you the story of the honored guests of Abraham? When they entered upon him and said: We greet you with peace, so he answered: I greet you with peace, a people unknown.

      Surah Adh-Dhariyat 51:24-25

      Abdullah ibn Umar reported: A man asked the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, “Which Islam is best?” He said:

      تُطْعِمُ الطَّعَامَ وَتَقْرَأُ السَّلاَمَ عَلَى مَنْ عَرَفْتَ وَمَنْ لَمْ تَعْرِفْ

      To feed the hungry and to greet with peace those you know and those you do not know.

      Source: Sahih Bukhari 28, Grade: Sahih

      The meaning of spreading peace to “those you do not know” is to spread peace to the world in general.

      Ammar ibn Yasir, may Allah be pleased with him, said:

      ثَلَاثٌ مَنْ جَمَعَهُنَّ فَقَدْ جَمَعَ الْإِيمَانَ الْإِنْصَافُ مِنْ نَفْسِكَ وَبَذْلُ السَّلَامِ لِلْعَالَمِ وَالْإِنْفَاقُ مِنْ الْإِقْتَارِ

      Whoever has three qualities together will have gathered the faith: equity with yourself, offering peace to the world, and spending from small amounts.

      Source: Sahih Bukhari 28, Grade: Sahih

      Consequently, Muslims have been commanded to spread peace and practice patience even with those who insult them.

      Allah said:

      وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا

      The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace.

      Surah Al-Furqan 25:63

      And Allah said:

      وَإِذَا سَمِعُوا اللَّغْوَ أَعْرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَقَالُوا لَنَا أَعْمَالُنَا وَلَكُمْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ لَا نَبْتَغِي الْجَاهِلِينَ

      When they hear ill speech, they turn away from it and say: For us are our deeds, and for you are your deeds. Peace be upon you, for we seek not way of ignorance.

      Surah Al-Qasas 28:55

      Furthermore, Muslims have been commanded to accept the peace offering of a hostile enemy, even if they suspect the enemy is only trying to trick them.

      Allah said:

      وَإِن جَنَحُوا لِلسَّلْمِ فَاجْنَحْ لَهَا وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

      If they incline to peace, then incline to it also and rely upon Allah. Verily, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.

      Surah Al-Anfal 8:61

      Ibn Kathir comments on this verse, saying:

      وَقَوْلُهُ وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ أَيْ صَالِحْهُمْ وَتَوَكَّلَ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَافِيكَ وَنَاصِرُكَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا يُرِيدُونَ بِالصُّلْحِ خَدِيعَةً

      This means trust in Allah, for Allah will suffice you and support you if they only intend by their peace offering to deceive you.

      Source: Tafseer Ibn Kathir, verse 8:61

      And Allah said:

      فَإِنِ اعْتَزَلُوكُمْ فَلَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ وَأَلْقَوْا إِلَيْكُمُ السَّلَمَ فَمَا جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ عَلَيْهِمْ سَبِيلًا

      So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause for fighting against them.

      Surah An-Nisa 4:90

      Likewise, the Muslims have been commanded to end all conflicts in peace whenever possible and never to desire a fight with the enemy.

      Ali ibn Abu Talib reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

      إِنَّهُ سَيَكُونُ بَعْدِي اخْتِلَافٌ أَوْ أَمْرٌ فَإِنْ اسْتَطَعْتَ أَنْ تَكُونَ السِّلْمَ فَافْعَل

      Verily, after me there will be conflicts or affairs, so if you are able to end them in peace, then do so.

      Source: Musnad Ahmad 697, Grade: Sahih

      Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

      ‏لاَ تَمَنَّوْا لِقَاءَ الْعَدُوِّ فَإِذَا لَقِيتُمُوهُمْ فَاصْبِرُوا

      Do not wish to meet the enemy, but if you meet them, then be steadfast.

      Source: Sahih Bukhari 2863, Grade: Sahih

      For this reason, the Prophet taught Muslims to pray for peace at the end of every prayer.

      Aisha reported: Whenever the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would invoke peace while sitting in prayer, he did not sit but long enough to say:

      اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلَامُ وَمِنْكَ السَّلَامُ تَبَارَكْتَ ذَا الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ

      O Allah, you are Peace and from you is peace. Blessed are you, O Majestic and Generous.

      Source: Sahih Muslim 592, Grade: Sahih

      In conclusion, Islam is the religion of peace and an offer of peace to the world. Muslims have been commanded to spread peace on earth, to invoke peace in their prayers, and to end all conflicts in peace.

      Success comes from Allah, and Allah knows best.

      http://www.faithinallah.org/islam-is-a-peace-offering-to-the-world/

      ALLAH, THE EXALTED – ALL FORGIVING, ALL MERCIFUL

      [ALLAH’S Quran – 3:89 – Syed Vickar Ahamed] " Except for those who repent and after that, make changes (in their actions); Surely, Allah is Often Forgiving (Ghafoor), Most Merciful (Raheem).”

      The Prophet (pbuh) has said:

      [Bukhari, Book #93, Hadith #485] “Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

      [Sunan Abudawud, Book #14, Hadith #2596] “Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: Ali ibn Rabi'ah said: I was present with Ali while a beast was brought to him to ride. When he put his foot in the stirrup, he said: "In the name of Allah." Then when he sat on its back, he said: "Praise be to Allah." He then said: "Glory be to Him Who has made this subservient to us, for we had not the strength, and to our Lord do we return." He then said: "Praise be to Allah (thrice); Allah is Most Great (thrice): glory be to Thee, I have wronged myself, so forgive me, for only Thou forgivest sins." He then laughed. He was asked: At what did you laugh? He replied: I saw the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) do as I have done, and laugh after that. I asked: Apostle of Allah , at what are you laughing? He replied: Your Lord, Most High, is pleased with His servant when he says: "Forgive me my sins." He know that no one forgives sins except Him.”

      http://al-tanzil.com/Prophet_Explained_Quran_2.html

      ONE CREATOR - ONE MESSAGE

      [GOD Gives life and GOD Gives death]

      The QURAN
      “And Thou bringest forth the living out of that which is dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead out of that which is alive.”
      [Quran – 3:27]

      The BIBLE
      “Cure the sick, bring the dead back to life, cleanse those with skin diseases,”
      [Matthew 10:8]

      What is the wisdom behind facing the Ka`bah in Salah (Prayer)?
      QuestionWhat is the wisdom behind facing the Ka`bah in Salah (Prayer)?

      Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’ answered:

      It is known that the duty of a Muslim is to carry out Allah’s commands as much as possible and refrain from committing what He has prohibited. Whether one grasps its wisdom or not, one must believe that Allah commands only that which is of benefit, and prohibits that which is harmful. All of His legislation's contain wisdom which He knows; He reveals of this wisdom what He wishes so that believers may increase their Eeman (Faith), and withholds what He wishes so that believers may increase their submission to Him.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

    • Sheikh Mohamed Ali
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2013
        Dear all

        now a days peace is prevailing to non muslims not for the worldy muslims.

        smali

        And Allah said:
[...]

        The Muslims have taken the Ka`bah as a Qiblah (direction faced for Prayer) in obedience to Allah’s order in His statement:
        Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad’s, salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-al-Haraam (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. (Surah Al-Baqarah, ayah 144)
        The wisdom behind this is perhaps that it is the Qiblah of our father Ibrahim (‘alaihi salaam), as mentioned regarding the event when the Ayah was revealed. The Prophet (peace be upon him) had hoped to be ordered to face the Ka`bah during Salah instead of Jerusalem. Thus, Allah granted his wish. It might also be a refutation of the claim made by the Jews that we share their Qiblah. It may be for another reason and only Allah knows.
        May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!
        Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’ (Chairman ‘Abdul-’Aziz ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baz)

        ._,_.___

        If you would like to be added to this mailing group, please contact amsait@...

        Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp