GUEST OF ALLAH

  • Zehera Kassam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2013
      .

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Mustafa Mawjee" <mustafa@...>

      Now Alhamdullilah that we have achieved what we could

      during the Blessed Month of Ramadhan

      and are ready Insha'Allah to receive our rewards during the coming days

      where do we go from here?

      We have a choice:

      We can go back to our pre-Ramadhan routines, default to our old habits and fall back into our ruts

      or- We can embark on a new beginning to strive to be even better for the rest of the year

      We can draw a personal plan with specific targets to achieve some or all of the following objectives

      On a personal level:

      ·        Continuing on the learning, recitation, study, and reflection on the Qur'an with specified, challenging but attainable daily/weekly targets.

      ·        Encourage and associate with other Muslims who are doing good, ignoring their imperfections.

      ·        Improving our 'social and business dealings conduct and behaviour' to the level of Islamic excellence.

      ·        Loving and hating for Allah only (i.e. on the basis and reason of Islam only) not on parochial, ethnic or linguistic basis.

      ·        Standing up for justice and for the rights of the persecuted people of the world on a regular basis.

      ·        Increasing the level of active and regular involvement and participation in the Islamic activities of our local community.

      ·        Making meaningful contributions to Islamic work, Islamic propagation, promotion of proper Islamic understanding, etc.

      ·        Voting only and only on the basis of a candidate’s level of sincerity, Islamic knowledge, practice and Taqwa.

      ·        Getting rid of bad habits on a permanent basis.  Practice makes perfect & we had 30 days of solid practice in Ramadhan Academy.

      On a public level:

      Ø      Standing up for justice and for the rights of the persecuted people of the world in a carefully planned and organised manner with set goals and targets.

      Ø      Improving the state of our organisation (regimentation and discipline), orderly behaviour and socio-political structures and practices.

      Ø      Attaining unity within our families and communities.

      Ø      Establishing and professionally operating social service institutions.

      Ø      Setting and achieving targets for Islamic propagation.

      Ø      Cooperating effectively with non-Muslims organisations that are working for common causes and issues.

      Ø      Electing leaders & preachers from local talent pools as far as possible, as they are aware of our local problems and aspirations.

      Ø      Running Muslim affairs openly, democratically and with full participation and consultation of the community.

      Ø      Keeping the interest of our country, its laws and our communities in the forefront, with emphasis on Commands of Allah swt.

      Some of the ideas mentioned above may seem far fetched and unrealistic.

      However, these are just ideas and guidelines.

      Why not formulate our own list,  and check it at the end of next Ramadhan as to how much and what we have achieved.

      REMEMBER, ONE WHO DOESN'T PLAN HIS OR HER OWN LIFE,

      WILL ALWAYS BE A SLAVE AND A FOLLOWER TO SOMEONE ELSE'S PLAN!!!!!