Is the Home a prison for the Muslim Women?

  • Adam Mohomed Sait
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 9:39 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
    Is the Home a prison for the Muslim Women?

    It is He who shows you the lightning, as a fear and as a hope (for those who wait for rain). And it is He who brings up (or originates) the clouds heavy (with water). And Ar-Rad (thunder) glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His Awe; He sends the thunderbolts and therewith He strikes whom He Wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about Allah. and He is Mighty in strength and severe in punishment (Quran 13:12 & 13)

    Is the home a prison for the Muslim

    women?

    Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen
    Translated by Abu Fouzaan Qaasim

    In the name of Allaah, the Most Kind, All-Knower. May peace and blessings be upon our prophet Muhammad, his family, companions and those who follow them in goodness until the day of Resurrection. As for what follows;

    Question:

    Is there any advice for those women who believe that the home is a prison (for them)?

    Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, says:

    “Yes, that which I say to those women is that the One who has made the house a “prison” if it is even proper to say that is Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic. The Most High says:

    And remain in your homes.” [33:33]

    Also the authentic narration of the Prophet, may peace and blessings be upon him, stated about the women: “and their homes are better for them”. The woman is free in her home, she goes to every place therein and takes care of the needs of the house and works for herself so where is the imprisonment or confinement? Yes it is a prison for the one who wishes to be like a man. From what is well-known is that Allaah, the Most High, has placed certain characteristics for the men as well as for the women and He has designated between them with regards to their physical make-up, characteristics and intellects. And we say to the woman who says that the woman remaining in her home is like a prison that she is in opposition to the statement of Allaah, the Most High, where He says:

    And remain in your homes.” [33:33]

    How can we consider what Allaah has commanded with to a prison? It is like I said a prison for the one who wishes to mix and mingle with the men and activeness. For indeed remaining in the home includes happiness, modesty, bashfulness and distance from fitnah (trials). Likewise in it is distancing the women from looking at the men because when she goes out and sees these men, this handsome young man with nice clothing and the likes she will be put to trial likewise the men with her.

    So the women must fear Allaah and return to what their Lord and Creator and to what the Messenger of the Lord of all the Worlds, may peace and blessings be upon him, has mentioned to them and they must know with certainty that they are going to meet Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, and He will question them: “How did you respond to the Messengers?” They do not know when they will meet Allaah. She might wake up in her home or palace and in the evening in her grave or vice-versa. Therefore these women must fear Allaah and leave alone these evil western ideologies. For when these westerns consumed these foul meats they left the bones and scraps for us after all the meat has been eaten. Now they wish that their women can return to being a true woman, like the Muslimah, remaining in her home with modesty and faraway from places of evil and trials however that will not happen for them. Is it befitting for us Muslims, we have our own religion, our own mannerisms and characteristics to chase after them in their wrecthedness?! Glory be to Allaah, the Great. There is no might nor power except with Allaah.

    http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=128088

    Related Links:
    Status of Women in Islam

    ***************************************

    Excellence of Greeting on Arrival and Departure

    869. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said,
    "When one of you arrives in a gathering, he should offer Salam to those who are already there, and he should also do so when he intends to depart. The first act of greeting is not more meritorious than the last.'' [Abu Dawud].
    Commentary:  We should offer As-Salam to those sitting in a gathering, on our arrival as well as departure. Both the greetings are essential. "The first act of greeting is not more meritorious than the last'' means that we should utter it on both occasions.
    Ref.: Imam Al-Nawawi's Riyad-us-Saliheen # 869.
    ***********************************

    Ruling concerning students standing for their teacher

    Question: What is the ruling concerning female students [in a girls' school] standing for their female teacher as sign of respect for her?

    Response: The standing of the female students for their female teachers or the male students for their male teachers is a act that should not be done. At the very least, it is strongly disliked. This is based on the statement of Anas: "No one was more beloved to them-- the Companions-- than the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam). And they would not stand for him when he came to them, as they knew that he disliked such an act." The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) has also said:

    «Whoever loves to have men stand for him shall take his abode in the Fire»

    On this matter, the ruling concerning men is the same as that concerning women. May Allaah guide us all to what is pleasing to Him and keep us from everything that angers Him and is prohibited. May Allaah bestow on all of us beneficial knowledge as well as acting accordingly. He is the Generous, the Noble.

    Shaykh Ibn Baaz
    Fataawa al-Mar.ah
    Enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and Forbidding Al-Munkar
    Allah, the Exalted, says:

    [003:104] Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden).And it is they who are the successful.
    [003:110]You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad [sal-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam] and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden),and you believe in Allah. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have Faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah and rebellious against Allah's Command).

    To abandon the practice of enjoin good and forbid evil is likely to incur the displeasure of Allah.

    193. Hudhaifah (May Allah bepleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, you either enjoin good and forbid evil, or Allah will certainly soon send His punishment to you. Then you will make supplication and it will not be accepted".
    [At-Tirmidhi].
    Commentary: To abandon the practice of enjoining virtue and forbidding vice is likely to incur the displeasure of Allah. This trend is indeed fraught with the danger of rejection of prayers and supplications by Him.
    Ref.:  Imam Al-Nawawi's Riyad-us-Saliheen # 193.
    O Allah! I seek refuge in You from .. .. ..
    O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I did and from the evil of what I did not do; from the evil of what I know and from the evil of what I did not know.
    O Allah! I seek refuge in You from ruin and falling, from drowning and burning, and from senility:
    I seek refuge in You from Satan's beguiling me at my death; and I seek refuge in You from being bitten by venomous creatures.
    I seek refuge in You from greed, bad manners, bad actions, bad desires and bad diseases.
    I seek refuge in You from the burden of debt, from being humbled by people, and from the ridicule of enemies.
    O Allah! Strengthen my religion which is my fortress, make this world a better place of sojourn for me, and grant me a good life in the Hereafter which will be my abode. Make my life increase in all goodness and my death a rest from all evil.
    If you would like to be added to this mailing group, please contact amsait@...

    Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp