Have You Prepared for the Hour ? (part 2)

  • Adil ibn Manzoor Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 12:42 AM

      In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

      "May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

      Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

      Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
      As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      http://lifeingroup5.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/broken-hourglass-462x262.jpg

      Have You Prepared for the Hour ?
      Part 2

      Why would the soul face such an evil end? Why would the soul not want to come out of its body to go toward his Lord and Creator? What would cause the soul to hesitate and want to cling to this world? I think the answers to those questions, are, for the most part, very clear to everyone. There are many reasons why a soul would not want to leave its body when the angels come to take it at its appointed Hour.

      Perhaps the most important reason for such an evil end is holding false beliefs or having doubts about the truth of Islaam. Anyone who believes in something that goes against the Quraan or Sunnah, or has any doubt concerning the Quraan or Sunnah - on that day, at that hour, his soul will admit and recognize its wrong. When that Hour comes, such a person will realize what it is that he has to look forward to. Indeed, all of that person's deeds will be of no avail to him at that time if he held such beliefs or doubts that took him out of the realm of Islaam. Allaah says,

      "Say: Shall We tell you of the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds?
      Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life
      while they thought that they were acquiring good deeds"
      . (al-Kahf, 103-104)

      Continually performing evil deeds and procrastinating when it comes to repentance may also lead the person to an evil end. At the time of death, the soul will not be able to think of anything, except the sins it committed and the wrong that it did. At that time, it will realize that it is too late to repent. He had his whole lifetime to repent from his evil deeds and change his ways - but he waited and waited. He waited too long. He waited until it was too late. The time of death - which no one knows except Allaah - has come to him and he has not yet repented to Allaah.

      The truth of Allaahs words will be very clear to him at that time:

      "Allaah only accepts the repentance of those who do evil
      in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards;
      it is they to whom Allaah will forgive and Allaah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.
      And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says, "Now I repent", nor of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful torment".
      (an-Nisaa, 17-18)

      This is especially important for those people who consider themselves "young". Some people seem to think that being religious is for old people and that youth should be spent enjoying oneself. They think that they will have plenty of time to repent in the future. The fact is that they are not guaranteed that future. They may die in their youths and then realize that the time for repentance and doing good deeds is NOW no matter how old or young a person is. That persons soul will be very sorrowful and remiss when the angels take his soul in his youth before the time that he had set for himself for his repentance!

      On the other hand, the Prophet (saw) has also described to us those people who perform the deeds of Paradise until they are only a hand-span away from Paradise and then they do the deeds of the Hellfire and they end up one of the inhabitants of Hell. Such a person will be able to do nothing but regret his later actions. He will wish that he had never changed his ways. His soul will refuse to leave from his body because it knows and recognizes the good deeds that he used to perform and the bad deeds that he is now performing.

      Having a weak faith and preferring this life over the Hereafter is another cause for an evil end. In this case, the person, at his death, will have to say goodbye to that thing that he loves the most - this world or some aspect of this world. In fact, his soul will not be willing or ready to leave what he loves. If he can resist meeting Allaah and the Hereafter to stay here with the things he loves, he would do so.

      Sulaiman ibn Abdul-Malik asked Abu Hazm, one of the followers, "O Abu Hazm, why is it that we hate death?" He answered, "You have built up (constructed) this world and you have destroyed the Hereafter. You hate to leave the thing that you have constructed for the thing that you have ruined." Indeed, how many Muslims put all of their time and energy into getting ahead in this world and very little preparing for the Hereafter. What do you think will be their state when the Angel of Death comes to them? Do you think they will be willing to give up everything they worked for to meet their Lord?

      Abu Hazm was also asked how the people will be presented to Allaah on that Hour and he said, "The pious person will be like the one who was gone for a while and is returning to his family. The evildoer will be like the runaway slave returning to his master". That is exactly how those who are disobedient to Allaah will be on that Day. They disobeyed their true and real master and now they have to meet Him. However, for the pious, it will be a joyous occasion, like that of a person returning to his family.

      The Prophet (saw) has clearly stated that if a person hates to meet Allaah, Allaah hates to meet him. That person, who has an evil end to his life, will be sitting in his grave seeing his place in the Hellfire. He will beseech Allaah not to bring about the Day of Judgement. He does not want to meet Allaah. However, his pleas will not be listened to. Indeed, his time for praying, pleading, beseeching and repenting is over and now he can only wait and face the results of his deeds.

      Dear believers, by preparing for that Hour, by making our deeds, beliefs and intentions righteous, our Hour can be completely different from what I have just described. Instead, it can be like the Prophet (saw) described it in another part of the hadith that I referred to earlier:

      "When a believer is about to leave this world and go forward to the Hereafter, angels with white faces, as if their faces were the sun, come down to him from heaven with one of the shrouds of Paradise and some of the perfume of Paradise and sit from him as far as the eye can see. Then the angel of death comes and sits at his head and says, "Good soul, come out to forgiveness and acceptance from Allaah". It then comes out like a drop flows from a waterskin and he seizes it. And when he does so, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant, but they take it and place it in that shroud and that perfume, and from it there comes a fragrance like that of the sweetest musk found on the face of the earth."

      In the Quraan, Allaah has also described the peaceful plight of the believers at the time of their death - those that are true to the faith, do good deeds and repent after doing evil deeds. Allaah says,

      "Verily those who say, "Our Lord is Allaah (alone)", and then they stick to that,
      on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying):

      "Fear you not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised. We have been your friends in the life of this world and are (so) in the Hereafter. Therein you shall have (all) that your inner-selves desire,
      and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask for.
      An entertainment from (Allaah), the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful"

      (Fussilat, 30-32)

      This person will be shown his seat in Paradise while he is in his grave. He will ask Allaah to bring forth the Day of Judgement. This is the meaning of the Prophet's statement, "Whoever loves to meet Allaah, Allaah loves to meet him".

      This will be our situation on that Hour - our own personal Hour that we all have to face at some time. We will either be from those whose souls will be taken easily from their bodies or from those whose souls do not wish to leave their bodies and this world. From now, however, this moment on, we must do our best to work to be among those who will have a wonderful end to their lives. We can do this by correcting our beliefs, removing any doubts, repenting from evil deeds and putting the Hereafter first in our hearts.

      read full article from

      http://www.islamicawakening.com/viewarticle.php?articleID=167

      Sheikh Feiz, Lecture relating to death.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-IlI2K_O10&feature=related

      THE DEATH : 1. Qur'an Tells Us About Life and Death
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFO85HYs3gY&feature=related

      THE DEATH : 2. Competition and The Minute You Die
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh47yRmw9LQ&feature=related

      THE DEATH : 3. The Moment of Death
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdbfrM12tP4&feature=related

      THE DEATH : 4. The Questioning in The Grave
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD8-ncRtkL0&feature=related

      THE DEATH : 5. You Will Come to Know
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaUJnZnZIc&feature=related

      Details of Death in ISLAM : Deeb Show
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nxwEU4vUY&feature=related

        Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.