The meaning of belief in Allaah

  • Muhammad Abdul-Rahman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2010

      Basic Tenets of Faith: Belief (Part 1)

      Belief in Allaah (Allah)

      34630: The meaning of belief in Allaah

      Question:

      I have read and heard a great deal about the virtues of attaining true belief in Allaah, and I would like you to explain to me in detail the meaning of belief in Allaah in a way that will help me to attain true faith and to keep away from everything that goes against the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the way of his companions.

      Answer:

      Praise be to Allaah.

      Faith in Allaah means believing firmly in His existence, Lordship and Divinity, and in His names and attributes.

      Faith in Allaah implies four things, whoever believes in them is a true believer.

      1 _ Belief in the existence of Allaah.

      The existence of Allaah is something indicated by reason and by man's innate nature, let alone the large amount of shar'i evidence to that effect.

      (i) The evidence of man's innate nature that Allaah exists: every man has been created with an innate belief in his Creator without having to first think about it or be taught, and no one deviates from this innate nature except the one who has been exposed to misguiding influences. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "There is no child who is not born in a state of fitrah (the natural inclination of man), but his parents make him a Jew, a Christian or a Magian." Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1358; Muslim, 2658.

      (ii) The evidence of reason that Allaah exists: all these created things, past, present and future, must have a Creator Who brought them into existence, because it is not possible for them to have created themselves or to have come into existence by accident.

      It is impossible for them to have come into existence by themselves because a thing cannot create itself: before it existed it was non-existent, so how could it be a creator?! And it is impossible for them to have come into existence by accident, because Read More.. <http://msapubli.com/islam-qa/Volume_1/34630.htm>