File - Ten Things We Waste

  • islam4all@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 63 , Sep 1, 2010
      Ten Things We Waste

      (based on a lesson of Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah)

      1. --Our Knowledge-- Wasted by not taking action with it.

      2. --Our Actions-- Wasted by committing them with out sincerity.

      3. --Our Wealth-- Wasted by using on things that will not bring us
      ajr. We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which
      have no benefit in this life or in akhirah.

      4. --Our Hearts-- Wasted because they are empty from the love of
      Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace
      and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something
      or someone else.

      5. --Our Bodies-- Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah and
      service of Allah

      6. --Our Love-- Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah,
      but towards something/someone else.

      7. --Our Time-- Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that
      which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds

      8. --Our Intellect-- Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that
      are detremental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or
      reflection.

      9. --Our Service-- Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us
      closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa

      10. --Our Dhikr-- Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.
    • ISLAM4ALL@yahoogroups.com