Ruling on kissing the cover of the Kabah, the Mus-haf and the Black Stone

  • Adil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008

      In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

      "May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

      Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

      Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
      As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      Ruling on kissing the cover of the Kabah, the Mus-haf and the Black Stone

      Kissing any place on earth is bidah (an innovation), apart from the Black Stone.

      Were it not that this is following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), kissing the Black Stone would be bidah too.

      Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say: “I know that you are only a stone and can neither cause harm nor bring benefit. Were it not for the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kissed you, I would not have kissed you.”

      Hence it is not permissible to kiss the covers of the Kabah or its stones, or the Yemeni Corner, or the Mus-haf, or to touch them with the intent of seeking blessing from them .

        Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.

      What Seperates our Group from the rest ?
      Only Authentic Information about Islam is passed backed by Quran or Hadith's.
      Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence...”
      [Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 667]