''You Are With Those Whom You Love''

  • saiyed shahbazi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 3:43 PM
      According to this hadith, if you love Prophet Muhammad you will be on his path, and those on his path will be together with him in the world beyond. To prepare his household and Companions for this gathering, the Messenger loved and embraced them. He used this love efficiently.
      Bukhari and Muslim gave another example of how he educated them. 'Ali narrates that:
      We had no servant in our house, and so Fatima did all the housework by herself. We lived in a house with just a small room. There, she would light a fire and try to cook. She often singed her clothes while trying to increase the fire by blowing. She also baked our bread and carried water. Her hands became covered in callouses from turning the millstone, as did her back from carrying water. Meanwhile some prisoners of war were brought to Madina. The Messenger gave them to those who applied. I suggested to Fatima that she ask for a servant from her father. And she did.
      Fatima continues:
      I went to my father, but he was not at home. 'A'isha said she would tell him when he came, so I returned home. As soon as we went to bed, the Messenger came in. We wanted to get up, but he did not let us and instead sat between us. I could feel the cold of his foot on my body. He asked what we wanted, and I explained the situation. The Messenger, in an awesome manner, replied: "Fatima, fear God and be faultless in all your duties to Him. I will tell you something. When you want to go to bed, say subhan Allah (All glory be to God), al-hamdu lillah (All praise be to God), and Allahu akbar (God is the greatest) 33 times each. This is better for you than having a maid. [1]
      What he was actually saying through this conversation was:
      I am turning your faces to the other-worldly realms. There are two ways for you to reach them and be together with me there: Fulfill your duties in perfect servitude to your Lord and fulfill your duties to your husband. If a maid takes your responsibilities, this may make you deficient. You must have two wings to fly to the higher ranks. How can a man or woman become a perfect slave of God? How can a person become a perfect human being and fulfill all of his or her obligations? It is your duty to find the answers to these questions. First of all, become a perfect slave of God. Then, become a perfect human being by performing your duties to 'Ali, a great man who represents all the saints who will descend from your family. If you do so, you will be with me in Heaven, where all the perfect things and perfect human beings shall come together.
      I cannot help but digress to mention a fact about 'Ali. The Messenger gave him his daughter in marriage without hesitation, because he deserved to have such a wife and to be a Prophet's son-in-law. 'Ali was the king of saints, and was created in this nature. The Messenger once told him: "O 'Ali, every other Prophet had his own offspring. However, mine will come from you." [2] 'Ali is the father of the Prophet's household, namely, his grandchildren and later descendants. For this reason, obeying 'Ali means obeying the Messenger, and obeying the Messenger means obeying God. Also, those who love 'Ali should love the Prophet and follow his Sunna.
      [1] Bukhari, "Fada'il al-Ashab," 9; Muslim, "Dhikr," 80, 81.
      [2] Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, Lemalar, 4. Lema.

      Written by Fethullah Gülen

      saiyed shahbazi
    • kemalcekal
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12 5:24 AM
        Be careful of this man (F.Gulen).He is not very popular in the eyes
        Turkish ulema because of his certain sayings.

        --- In islam4all@yahoogroups.com, saiyed shahbazi <weloverasul@...>