When we keep falling into Sin

  • bonsai_girl1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2007
      When We Keep Falling into Sin *

      Many of us commit sin, repent, but end up going back to doing the same sin again, and that can be scary and painful. This, however, does not have to be so as long as we continue to repent and do our best to avoid the sin and all that leads to it.

      We know that we must strive to worship Allah to the best of our ability, "Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope." [
      2:286]

      But we are weak and surrounded by enemies on all sides, our own Commanding Self urges us to do evil, Satan never ceases to whisper, and we lives in a world which is full illusive pleasures, so what can we do?

      The Prophet,
      sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, once advised Mua'ath to say, "Do not forget to say in every salah, O Allah help me to remember You, thank You and worship You properly." (1)

      It is therefore essential that we always turn to Allah and ask Him to help us to do that which He has enjoined upon us. And one significant deed which we cannot do without is seeking forgiveness and repenting to Allaah, "Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance," [
      11:3] and , "O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow." [66:8]

      And when we go back to sin time and time again, we should repent time and time again. Remember that Allah, "Gives out His hand at night to accept that repentance of those who sinned during the day, and He spreads out His hand during the day to accept the repentance of those who sinned during the night, (and this will continue) until the sun rises from the west." (Muslim)

      We should also remember that there are conditions that repentance must meet if it is to be acceptable according to the
      Shari'ah. Learn and then use them.

      Most importantly, we must do our best in striving against our Commanding Self and keeping away from the means of sin; Allaah for example, warns us against approaching unlawful sex, "And come not near to (
      Zina) unlawful sex." [
      17:32]

      And always make
      duaa asking our Lord to give us strengh, expiate our sins and bless us with taqwa.

      * By M. Malik, AL JUMUAH VOL 16 ISSUE 04/05
      (1) "Allaah.humma a'enni 'alaa thikrika wa shukrika wa husni 'ebadatik" [Al-Nasaae]

      Further Readings:

      >>|<<
      Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah is more pleased with the repentance of a servant as he turns towards Him for repentance than one among you upon a camel in a waterless desert when (that camel) with his provision of food and drink is lost by him, and he, having lost all hope (to get it,) lies down in the shadow disappointed about his camel, and there suddenly he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of his nose string and then out of boundless joy says: O Lord, You are my servant and I am Your Lord. He commits this mistake out of extreme delight. (Sahih Muslim)

      >>|<< Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) relating from his Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, said: A servant committed a sin and he said: O Allah, forgive me, and Allah, the Exalted and High said: My servant committed a sin and then he came to realize that he has a Lord Who forgives the sins and takes to account (the sinner) for the sin. He then again committed a sin and said: My Lord, forgive me, and Allah, the Exalted and High, said: My servant committed a sin and then came to realize that he has a Lord Who would forgive his sin or would take (him) to account for the sin. He again committed a sin and said: My Lord, forgive me, and Allah, the Exalted and High said: My servant has committed a sin and then came to realize that he has a Lord Who forgives sins or takes (him) to account for his sin. O servant, do what you like. I have granted you forgiveness, \ 'Abdul-'Ala' \ is not certain whether he said: Do what you like in the third or the fourth time. (Sahih Muslim)

      Sis Fatima