Who is your friend then?

  • Malick Noor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2006
      Who is your friend then?

      It is of very little consequence entering into debate on what the Pope meant, exactly, when he made the statements that he made. It is also pointless expanding energy discussing whether his apology was exactly an apology and whether he meant to apologize.

      What is significant for us, as Muslims, is to understand the widespread sentiment that has been implanted and entrenched in the minds of the world. A mindset that is portraying Islam in a manner that is totally non-reflective of Islam and its principles; a way of thinking that attempts to make people shocked, sickened and revolted when they even think of Islam or Muslims; a line that causes Muslims to be harassed and made unwelcome wherever they may travel; a stance that creates a phobia of Islam and a manner that justifies actions of injustice, oppression and aggression against Muslim individuals, communities and nations because they are postured to always be the villain.

      It is of paramount importance that we understand that this mind-set is being carefully implanted in a most calculated way. It is being done by way of the manipulation of events, via the media and through various means that we are hardly aware of; and it is being done by sinister forces with deep, secret agendas, hell-bent on achieving their own aims.

      It is of vital importance that we also comprehend the depth and the extent to which the rot of such a mind-set has extended and the wide-ranging people who are of similar opinion and are being used to influence the thinking and actions of the peoples of the world.

      Let us not be fooled, the enemies of Islam are united in their effort and attempt to annihilate Islam.

      Malick Yaser
      "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight Eisenhower