No vain talking or foul language

  • laila sultan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2005
      No vain talking or foul language:

      Muslims are commanded to stay away from vain talkers:

      "When thou seest men engaged in vain discourse about Our signs, turn away from them unless they turn to a different theme. If Satan ever makes thee forget, then after recollection, sit not thou in the company of those who do wrong.  (The Noble Quran, 6:68)"

      "Who avoid vain talk;  (The Noble Quran, 23:3)"

      "And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.'  (The Noble Quran, 28:55)"

      "So leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that Day of theirs which they have been promised!-  (The Noble Quran, 70:42)"

      "(The sinners will say:) 'But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;'  (The Noble Quran, 74:45)"

      According to the Noble Verses above, any vain talk or foul language are prohibited.  Muslims must always stay away from vain talkers.  Those who participate with them will be from among them, and will face a great punishment.

      Hypocrites are those who speak foul language:

      Let us look at what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said:

      Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

      1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

      2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

      3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

      4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner.
      (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33)"

      Verily my happiness is my iman & verily my iman inside my heart and verily my heart is not belong to anyone but Allah(Asma bint Abu Bakr)

      Check out Yahoo! India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more.
      http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html