8230Prophet Muhammad’s Mercy, Justic e & Love

  • Adam Mohomed Sait
    May 20, 2014
      Prophet Muhammad’s Mercy, Justice & Love

      Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord - Allah), the men and the women who give Sadaqat (i.e. Zakat, and alms), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
      {Holy Qur’an Surat: 33 Al-Ahzab Verse#35}

      Shaqiq bin Salamah reported:

      Ibn Mas'ud (Radi Allahu anhu) used to preach us once every Thursday. A man said to him: "O Abu Abdur-Rahman, we love your talk and we wish that you preach us every day." He said: "There is nothing to prevent me from doing so, but I don’t lest bore you. I follow the same method in preaching to you that Allah's Messenger (SalAllahu alaihi wasallam) adopted in preaching to us for fear of boredom."

      Al-Bukhari & Muslim
      As Taken fromRiyad-us-Saliheen

      Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him)reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If anyone of you performs the Friday prayer, he should perform four Rak`ah (Sunnah) after it."[Muslim].
      203/1126 - Riyad Us-Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous)

      Prophet Muhammad’s Mercy,

      Justice & Love

      The Prophet’s superiority qualified him to be above those around him, but he preferred to live among them adopting a simple life among ordinary people
      While to many, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) may seem to be a powerful super hero not of this world, when he walked on this earth he was merely a human being who shared the same qualities you and I share today.

      While his mission was extraordinary and he was chosen by God to spread His word and help us understand God’s ways, at the same time he shared our humanness. It is in understanding this reality that perhaps we can better appreciate his true power and strength.

      When we consider the Prophet as an ordinary man with an extraordinary mission we can better appreciate the gifts he shared and his teachings. We can more easily identify with the Prophet when we see him as a mere mortal, who experienced defeat and harm just as we do, and had the same needs and desires we have, as humans.

      Prophet Muhammad was an intelligent individual who responded positively to those around him while encouraging them to respect God and follow His ways. He exchanged correspondence with kings and emperors of the world, and with God’s guidance and direction, urged them to leave their arrogance behind and rule their people with justice. Yet, despite mingling with the mighty leaders of his time, he was also a modest man, who, it is said, responded graciously to the request of a barefoot bedouin who once spoke to him with disrespect, "Muhammad be just and give me money. It’s not your money, nor your father’s." In response, the prophet smiled at the bedouin’s face and ordered to be given the amount of money he requested.

      He was a devout and religious man, whose happiest moments were experienced while praying and communicating with God. It is said that once, while praying at length with his companions, he heard a baby crying. The baby’s mother was praying behind the Prophet. In response to the baby’s cry, the Prophet mercifully ended the prayer instantly, enabling the mother to respond to the child’s needs.

      We see a man who recognized the power of forgiveness. We see this when he entered the town of Makkah with his huge army without a fight. The Quraysh people had previously tortured him and his companions, exiled him and brutally killed his dearest relatives. As he entered, the Quraysh people stood before him expecting him to take his revenge, instead, he told them they were all forgiven and free from any grudge or revenge. We see in him a caring and humble individual. He once gathered wood to light a fire and prepared food for his companions.

      The Prophet’s superiority qualified him to be above those around him, but he preferred to live among them.
      He refused to watch others work while he did nothing and he told them God does not favor those who try to look distinguished among their companions. We see in him akind and tender man with a merciful heart, who trembled with sorrow when witnessing a horse or a camel struggling with a heavy load on its back. It is said that he encouraged his followers to show mercy to all of God’s creatures and he told them that God says those who are merciful to God’s creatures shall receive God’s mercy:

      "Have mercy on those who are on the planet earth and you shall have the mercy of He who is in heaven."
      (Abu Dawud, 4941)

      As for his mercy, to support those in need, who borrowed money, he told the lenders that if they extended the settlement time, or cancelled the dues of the debtor, he would ask that they be pardoned by God on Judgment Day.

      Once, to help his companions understand the depth of God’s mercy, he pointed to a mother tenderly kissing and holding her baby tightly. He asked his companions whether they thought the mother could ever throw her baby into the fire. They confirmed, she could never do such a thing and the Prophet told them that God is more merciful with people than this mother with her baby.

      The Prophet’s superiority qualified him to be above those around him, but he preferred to live among them, adopting a simple life among ordinary people, sharing everything with them. He was also a just man. He once said that the destruction of the entire universe would be easier on God than bloodshed without a right. He also said that the destruction of previous nations and civilizations was caused by an unjust system that freed thieves who were among the nobility and focused on capturing and punishing the weak thieves of the lower classes. The Prophet told his followers:

      "I swear by God that if my own daughter Fatima stole anything I would cut her hand myself." (Al Bukhari, 6787)

      He was a humble man, who admitted that he was not infallible, and was subject to some faults of humanity all men share. He explained that he was human and though he was asked to judge among his people, he could make errors. He knew that it was possible some were more clever in presenting their case than others and he could make a mistake by giving one the rights of another. He urged that those who were in the wrong not take anything that was not their just right, even if he had mistakenly made judgment in their favor. He believed in the power of love. He urged people to love each other and said that love must prevail among all people. He once said:

      "I swear by God that you shall not enter paradise until you believe. And you shall not believe until you love each other." (Muslim, 54)

      The Prophet was a wise man who offered words to live by and through his actions demonstrated how to live.
      He said that one way to demonstrate love for one another is to exchange greetings and gifts. He also encouraged people to respect one another. He cautioned that if three where sitting together, two of them were not to whisper words to each other, as this would cause sadness and curiosity to the third person. He spoke of the value of friendship and told that if a person abandoned his friend for more than a year it would be as if he had shed his blood.

      He promoted the virtue of forgiveness and said that the worst people were those who did not accept the apologies of their friends and did not forgive them when they made mistakes. The Prophet believed one could not underestimate the value and importance of friendship and he claimed that supporting a friend in difficult times was better than dedicating an entire month for God’s worshipping inside the Prophet’s Mosque.
      The Prophet was a wise man who offered words to live by and through his actions demonstrated how to live. When asked who were God’s most beloved people, the Prophet said God’s most beloved people are those who are most useful to God’s creatures.

      We are all God’s creatures and we must serve one another. The positive effects of love on a human’s health have been scientifically proven. The human body’s immune system is weakened by depression, grief, anxiety and nervousness while sentiments of love, hope, calmness and optimism support its health.
      It seems only natural that the body’s spirit is strengthened and unified by love and when we live in love and friendship we are following the Prophet’s way, which is good. In the Quran God said that to avoid suffering and pain is to believe that there is only one God and that God is Allah:

      {Save those who believe and perform righteous deeds and remember God frequently and vindicate themselves after they have been wronged} (Ash-Shuara’ 26: 227)

      Belief in God strengthens you, while disbelief weakens you.
      The Prophet believed in God, his belief was so strong that he devoted his life to God - yet he was also an ordinary man. While his extraordinary commitment to God may seem to set him apart from us, it also offers us a route to follow, a life to model that can bring us closer to God and ensure the entire mankind happiness.

      http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/about-muhammad/his-character/450933-the-prophet-muhammads-mercy-justice-a-love.html

      BEWARE OF THE SUPPLICATION OF THE OPPRESSED

      [ALLAH'S Quran – 27:62 – Wahiduddin] “Who responds to the oppressed when he calls out to Him, and relieves his suffering and who will make you inheritors of the earth? Then, is there a god besides God? How little you pay heed!”

      The Prophet (pbuh) has said:

      [Bukhari, Book #43, Hadith #628] “Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet sent Mu'adh to Yemen and said, "Be afraid, from the curse of the oppressed as there is no screen between his invocation and Allah."

      [Muslim, Book #001, Hadith #0027] “It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that Mu'adh said: The Messenger of Allah sent me (as a governor of Yemen) and (at the time of departure) instructed me thus:...................................Beware of the supplication of the oppressed for there is no barrier between him and Allah."

      http://al-tanzil.com/Prophet_Explained_Quran_2.html

      ALLAH'SCOMMAND: “give thanks to Me and to your parents”

      [ALLAH’S Quran - 31:14 – Amatul Rahman Omar] “And (Allah says), "We have enjoined on every human being concerning his parents (to be good to them). His mother is worn and wasted in bearing him and it takes her two years to wean him. And give thanks to Me and to your parents. To Me shall be the (ultimate) return (of you all).”

      The Prophet (pbuh) has said:

      [Bukhari, Book #73, Hadith #1] “Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar: I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's house, "said, 'I asked the Prophet 'Which deed is loved most by Allah?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

      [Muslim, Book #001, Hadith #0151] “t is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud that he observed. I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) which deed was the best. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Prayer at its appointed hour. I (again) said: Then what? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Kindness to the parents. I (again) said: Then what? He replied: Earnest endeavour (Jihad) in the cause of Allah. And I would have not ceased asking more questions but out of regard (for his feelings).”

      [Muslim, Book #001, Hadith#0158] “It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdur-Rahman b. Abu Bakra that his father said: We were in the company of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) that he observed: Should I not inform you about the most grievous of the grave sins? (The Holy Prophet) repeated it three times, and then said: Associating anyone with Allah, disobedience to parents, false testimony or false utterance. The Holy Prophet was reclining, then he sat up, and he repeated it so many times that we wished that he should become silent.”

      [Bukhari, Book #83, Hadith #9] “Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: The Prophet said, "Al-Kaba'ir (the biggest sins) are: To join others (as partners) in worship with Allah, to be undutiful to one's parents," or said, "to take a false oath." (The sub-narrator, Shu'ba is not sure) Mu'adh said: Shu'ba said, "Al-kaba'ir (the biggest sins) are: (1) Joining others as partners in worship with Allah, (2) to take a false oath (3) and to be undutiful to one's parents," or said, "to murder (someone unlawfully).”

      [Sunan Abudawud, Book #8, Hadith #1448] “Narrated Mu'adh al-Juhani: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone recites the Qur'an and acts according to its contents, on the Day of Judgment his parents will be given to wear a crown whose light is better than the light of the sun in the dwellings of this world if it were among you. So what do you think of him who acts according to his.”

      [Sunan Abu Dawud, Book #41, Hadith #5123] “Narrated AbuUsayd Malik ibn Rabi'ah as-Sa'idi: While we were with the Apostle of Allah! (peace_be_upon_him) a man of Banu Salmah came to Him and said: Apostle of Allah is there any kindness left that I can do to my parents after their death? He replied: Yes, you can invoke blessings on them, forgiveness for them, carry out their finalinstructions after their death, join ties of relationship which are dependent on them, and honour their friends.”

      http://al-tanzil.com/Prophet_Explained_Quran_2.html

      Stay Patient in Hard Times

      One of the best remedies for tough times is to be patient. A state of patience requires that we not resort to complaining, and remember Allah often. We take this lesson from the story of Prophet Yousuf (alayhi sallam) who went through various ordeals in life only to be rewardedwith a large kingdom in his later years. Allah tells us in the Quran:

      They said: "Are you indeed Yusuf (Joseph)?" He said: "I am Yusuf (Joseph), and this is my brother (Benjamin). Allah has indeed been gracious to us. Verily, he who fears Allah with obedience to Him (by abstaining from sins and evil deeds, and by performing righteous good deeds), and is patient, then surely, Allah makes not the reward of the Muhsinun (good-doers) to be lost." [Soorah Yoosuf 12:90]

      The Quran also says:
      "Thus did We give full authority to Yusuf (Joseph) in the land, to take possession therein, when or where he likes. We bestow of Our Mercy on whom We will, and We make not to be lost the reward of Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers)." [Soorah Yoosuf 12:56]

      The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Jibreel recited the Qur'an to me in one way.
      Then I requested him (to read it in another way), and continued asking him to recite it in other ways,
      and he recited it in several ways till he ultimately recited it in seven different ways."
      [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
      If you would like to be added to this mailing group, please contact amsait@...

      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp