10K Ways 2009

  • Bill Maxwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2009
      So, this has been running for 3 years now & I'm taking the family up for 10K Ways #4. I'd love to meet my friends up there, both old and new, if you find a gathering like this interesting. :)

      Ten Thousand Ways seeks to organize gatherings where community-minded people from up and down the Pacific Coast come together to share ideas or skills, make plans and network. Some of use have read the books of Daniel Quinn (Ishmael, Story of B, My Ishmael), some of us are members of the Transition Town movement or part of ecovillages or study the deep ecology movement or practice animism or just simply feel a strong tie to the land around us. Some of us are old friends, new friends or good companions. But all of us understand it's a good time to get together and talk, to 'tribe up' or renew our common ties and practice walking lightly on the world.

      The fourth Ten Thousand Ways gathering begins in Southern Oregon at noon Friday, August 7th and finishes at noon Monday, August 10th, 2009. It's theme is "Renewal" and it follows an Open Space <http://www.openingspace.net/papers_facilitation_OSCollaborationCommunication.shtml> Format. We reserved a group camping site at Beaver Sulphur for the gathering, so don't forget your sleeping bag!

      If you are interested in joining us, please check in at the 10K Ways Google Group <http://groups.google.com/group/10kways/browse_thread/thread/90f192165a4b383e?hl=en> or contact me at coyote_dreaming[at]pacbell.net.

      Thanks!

      Best

      Bill Maxwell
      Joining with folks up and down the Coast