Where'd everybody go?

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 9 , May 19, 2009
      Looks like this group died out. Is there a new "hot spot" got Ishmaelian discussion?

      Jim
    • co81004
      Message 2 of 9 , May 19, 2009
        --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimbo435@...> wrote:

        > Looks like this group died out. Is there a new "hot spot" got Ishmaelian discussion?
        >
        > Jim

        I hope the complacentcy (or the feeling of hopelessness) of people has made the world the saddest I have ever seen. My hopes have not been deterred. I talk to people about the concepts of Ishmeal when the oppertunity arises. Every day I try to live a lttle of the things I have read in this trilagy of books. To all that read this,if we use these in our daily lives the changes we make is for us and not the rest of the world, that is all we can change, is ourselves.

        I sencerly wish there were other to talk to, in our day to day going on. Just to know there are other that feel the way I do would be nice.

        Jim, thank you for your e-mail and concern.
        Gwen Luchin
        co81004@...
      • co81004
        Message 3 of 9 , May 19, 2009
          --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimbo435@...> wrote:

          > Looks like this group died out. Is there a new "hot spot" got Ishmaelian discussion?
          >
          > Jim

          I hope the complacentcy (or the feeling of hopelessness) of people has made the world the saddest I have ever seen. My hopes have not been deterred. I talk to people about the concepts of Ishmeal when the oppertunity arises. Every day I try to live a lttle of the things I have read in this trilagy of books. To all that read this,if we use these in our daily lives the changes we make is for us and not the rest of the world, that is all we can change, is ourselves.

          I sencerly wish there were other to talk to, in our day to day going on. Just to know there are other that feel the way I do would be nice.

          Jim, thank you for your e-mail and concern.
          Gwen Luchin
          co81004@...
        • Janos Biro
          Message 4 of 9 , May 20, 2009
            My group in Brazil is still active, but the main reason for that is
            that we departed from discussing Daniel Quinn and started to discuss
            other authors, like John Zerzan, broadening the critique.

            Janos

            --
            http://antizero.rg3.net
          • Gwen Luchin
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24, 2009
              In this day of understanding of what has happen in the history of our world and how is came to what we are today, why is there such disbalief of what has made our world the way it is. We as humans have to take resposibility of ourselves and our world. To come to terms to be more loving and caring to ourselve and to our world.

              Mother nature will take care of herself, she is a living breathing thing, if we don't show her respect and every thing on this is planet we are doomed to repeat it again.

              As for our children in "My Ishmeal" to what we have done to them is so true. We are making dumb down kids. Just for the sake of ruling over them. Not seeing that, we will lift ourselves up, when we lift them up to their potintial. Why are we so scared to let them surpass us in their thinking.

              Respect is the key word to bring our humanity to a higher plain. Let the natual selection of humanity, that all communities has their ways of living and when all the warmongers that seek power for whatever reason dissapear and let the natual selection for human nature progress. Then, we use our enternal energy to progess to are destiny. I have no fantasy that is will happen over night, but if we don't start down this road of our greatest potintial we will never get there. To let our energy such in the "Celestine Prophecy" to occur again we are doomed to repeat history. I truly believe we are here for a higher purpose.
              Gwen Luchin

              --
              http://antizero. rg3.net

            • Gabriel Berzescu
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2009
                The Ishmael YouTube community seems by far the most active one.

                For starters check out these channels:

                http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamHintz
                http://www.youtube.com/user/ozjthomas
                http://www.youtube.com/user/bbbleaver

                --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimbo435@...> wrote:

                > Looks like this group died out. Is there a new "hot spot" got Ishmaelian discussion?
                >
                > Jim

              • Gabriel Berzescu
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2009
                  "Mother nature" as in something that we don't belong to...

                  I see ;)

                  --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, Gwen Luchin <co81004@...> wrote:

                  > In this day of understanding of what has happen in the history of our world and how is came to what we are today, why is there such disbalief of what has made our world the way it is. We as humans have to take resposibility of ourselves and our world. To come to terms to be more loving and caring to ourselve and to our world.
                  >
                  > Mother nature will take care of herself, she is a living breathing thing, if we don't show her respect and every thing on this is planet we are doomed to repeat it again.
                  >
                  > As for our children in "My Ishmeal" to what we have done to them is so true. We are making dumb down kids. Just for the sake of ruling over them. Not seeing that, we will lift ourselves up, when we lift them up to their potintial. Why are we so scared to let them surpass us in their thinking.
                  >
                  > Respect is the key word to bring our humanity to a higher plain. Let the natual selection of humanity, that all communities has their ways of living and when all the warmongers that seek power for whatever reason dissapear and let the natual selection for human nature progress. Then, we use our enternal energy to progess to are destiny. I have no fantasy that is will happen over night, but if we don't start down this road of our greatest potintial we will never get there. To let our energy such in the "Celestine Prophecy" to occur again we are doomed to repeat history. I truly believe we are here for a higher purpose.
                  > Gwen Luchin

                • Gwen Luchin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2009
                    In as much as I feel that the trilogy of Ishmael is the what has happen to our civilization, we are growing, thinking, evolving people. To what end, no one knows what we will butterfly to. But it just like this universe, we are changing and need to change to survive. In the coarse of humanity the path( one of many) that was take has gone just the way is was suppose to, and the path that is being take now in the remembering the way it was has come full circle, to what we can be. To incorporate the past with the present.
                    Not saying if we stayed on the our ancient road that we would have not evolved to a higher conscience, but our learning curve as humans sometimes has to be devastating.
                    I don't now what it will take, for human being to evolve so that we can go be yon self, but that is why, I believe we are here.
                    Living in past, would be redundant but to build on the past and learn, we can combine what worked then and what is capable now, is direction we need to work toward.

                    Gwen Luchin

                    "Mother nature" as in something that we don't belong to...

                    I see ;)

                    --- In ishmael_discussion@ yahoogroups. com, Gwen Luchin <co81004@... > wrote:

                    > In this day of understanding of what has happen in the history of our world and how is came to what we are today, why is there such disbalief of what has made our world the way it is. We as humans have to take resposibility of ourselves and our world. To come to terms to be more loving and caring to ourselve and to our world.
                    >
                    > Mother nature will take care of herself, she is a living breathing thing, if we don't show her respect and every thing on this is planet we are doomed to repeat it again.
                    >
                    > As for our children in "My Ishmeal" to what we have done to them is so true. We are making dumb down kids. Just for the sake of ruling over them. Not seeing that, we will lift ourselves up, when we lift them up to their potintial. Why are we so scared to let them surpass us in their thinking.
                    >
                    > Respect is the key word to bring our humanity to a higher plain. Let the natual selection of humanity, that all communities has their ways of living and when all the warmongers that seek power for whatever reason dissapear and let the natual selection for human nature progress. Then, we use our enternal energy to progess to are destiny. I have no fantasy that is will happen over night, but if we don't start down this road of our greatest potintial we will never get there. To let our energy such in the "Celestine Prophecy" to occur again we are doomed to repeat history. I truly believe we are here for a higher purpose.
                    > Gwen Luchin

                  • Stephen Figgins
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7, 2009
                      --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimbo435@...> wrote:

                      > Looks like this group died out. Is there a new "hot spot" got Ishmaelian discussion?

                      Probably not died out, just hit a lull. It happens sometimes. Someone comes up with a good topic or two, and we'll jump back in there. Really it just takes a few members with things to talk about to get it going again.