Re:Endgame

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
      Ted,

      Yeah, congrats on the film. I am very interested in seeing it and
      think that it sounds incredible. Thanks!

      --- In ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Rainbow Flight"
      <kitesfun@...> wrote:

      > Hi Patrick
      > I'm a fan and got a copy as soon as Derrick had it available from
      his website, even before it was out in the book shops.
      > It's a powerful book!!!
      >
      > I'm reading "Listening To The Land" now....awesome!
      >
      > I keep sane by downloading and listening to enlightening talks on
      my mp3 player rather than the radio. I have most of Derrick's talks
      and listen often, and I'm on the DJ forum as well. There's one or 2
      others on it that are also here too.

      > I would rank Derrick up there with Daniel Quinn, Richard Manning,
      Jerry Mander, Thomas Berry, Richard Heinberg, Chellis Glendinning as
      fav authors...and now you can see them all (and others) in the new
      doc "What A Way To Go: Life At The End Of Empire"
      http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/purchase-the-dvd/

      > This is what Daniel says about it:
      > "Hundreds of my readers have told me that my novel Ishmael should
      be read in every high school classroom in the world. Naturally I'd be
      delighted to see this happen, but I really think it would be more to
      the point to have What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire seen in
      every high school classroom in the world! The two hours of this
      documentary are two hours that bring hope for the future of humanity
      by awakening and informing in the most profound yet lucid way
      imaginable."

      > Daniel Quinn, author of Ishmael and Tales of Adam
      >
      > This movie will take you to deep places and maybe help inspire and
      empower you to move beyond this culture. There's a new "Peak Moment"
      interview with the film makers Tim and Sally at :
      http://www.peakmoment.tv/conversations/72.html that I recommend you
      go see too!

      > Regards
      > Ted

    • PaganBear
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
        You can download Derrick Jensen? Where's that site at? I'm having trouble finding Jensen's books at local stores, so I'm going to start ordering them from Amazon... I'm also highly impressed with Ran from your film too and have begun reading his site when I have time... definitely linked him to the Stumbling Block site (http://www.thestumblingblock.com)

        As for the movie, Ted (didn't realize you were on this list), I'm still swimming from it. We have a local theater here in Tucson called the Loft which shows a lot of Indie films and documentary type films as well, and I've asked them to consider showing your film there. I haven't gotten a reply from them but I only sent that mail to them yesterday. If they want, I'll let them preview my copy and see if they're interested, and if so they may be contacting you. I think it'd be an excellent move to try to have people find such theaters and have the film shown in them around the country... the Indie film lovers are loyal customers that way.

        If they do and we can make it happen I think we could also fashion a flyer and have lots of additional info... volunteers could hand them out at showings so that people have the info on where to go and get involved.

        Ray

        <kitesfun@...> wrote:

        > Hi Patrick
        > I'm a fan and got a copy as soon as Derrick had it available from
        his website, even before it was out in the book shops.
        > It's a powerful book!!!
        >
        > I'm reading "Listening To The Land" now....awesome!
        >
        > I keep sane by downloading and listening to enlightening talks on
        my mp3 player rather than the radio. I have most of Derrick's talks
        and listen often, and I'm on the DJ forum as well. There's one or 2
        others on it that are also here too.

        > I would rank Derrick up there with Daniel Quinn, Richard Manning,
        Jerry Mander, Thomas Berry, Richard Heinberg, Chellis Glendinning as
        fav authors...and now you can see them all (and others) in the new
        doc "What A Way To Go: Life At The End Of Empire"
        > http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/
        > which has just been released for sale:
        http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/purchase-the-dvd/

        > This is what Daniel says about it:
        > "Hundreds of my readers have told me that my novel Ishmael should
        be read in every high school classroom in the world. Naturally I'd be
        delighted to see this happen, but I really think it would be more to
        the point to have What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire seen in
        every high school classroom in the world! The two hours of this
        documentary are two hours that bring hope for the future of humanity
        by awakening and informing in the most profound yet lucid way
        imaginable."

        > Daniel Quinn, author of Ishmael and Tales of Adam
        >
        > This movie will take you to deep places and maybe help inspire and
        empower you to move beyond this culture. There's a new "Peak Moment"
        interview with the film makers Tim and Sally at :
        http://www.peakmoment.tv/conversations/72.html that I recommend you
        go see too!

        > Regards
        > Ted

      • Rainbow Flight
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
          Hi Ray
          You can download Derrick Jensen talks as mp3's from :
          http://www.endgamethebook.org/downloads.html
          and TUC Radio (http://www.tucradio.org/new.html) at : http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=11025
          You can order books and CD's directly from Derrick, and he usually signs them and leaves a message for you as well:
          http://www.derrickjensen.org/purchase.html

          I think maybe you're confusing me with Tim Bennett, who made "What A Way To Go"...you can email him at tswabbit@...
          If you go to his website you can get promo materials at http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/publicity-materials/
          Talk to Tim!