Re: [ishmael_discussion] November 1 - Hack the publishing system!

  • Lisa Wilcox
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      I believe you are 8 hours ahead of us, yes? My arithmetic is getting
      vaguer by the day, but I think that means 7:11pm your time is the
      hacking hour. ;-)

      I'm guessing there will be much the same effect if you order just -
      sometime- on November 1. I'd also bet amazon counts clicks per page,
      too, and that will register to some degree even if you don't buy the
      book.

      Lisa

      On Oct 31, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Sharon Barlow wrote:

      > I like this idea too, I just have to work out what the time will be
      > in the UK .....Sharon

      Lisa Wilcox
      Singer Creek Canyon
      Willamette Valley
      Pacific Plate

    • Lisa Wilcox
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        As of tonight, 'Worldchanging: the Book' is #12 in top-selling books
        on amazon. To put this in perspective, Daniel Quinn's new children's
        book is #211,469.

        'Worldchanging' is #806 on amazon.co.uk--- all pre-orders, as the
        book has not yet been released outside the US. Even so, pre-orders on
        amazon.ca have brought the book to #20 in Canada.

        Whether or not you like the book or approve of the hack, artists
        crafting non-mainstream works should take heart from the results of
        this campaign. There are many unconventional ways to market and
        distribute alternative messages. They require the investment of time
        and energy but, at least for the moment , not huge sums of money and
        mega-corporate clout.

        Lisa

        p.s. tomas, when I'm through with it, I'll swap you my copy for 'The
        Tipping Point'

      • Charu Walker
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
          #12!!!!