New to the group + 'advertising' a gathering.

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      Hello!

      I'm actually a Los Angeles boy causing some trouble. There's an
      Ishmael-themed gathering going on in Ashland OR next weekend.

      As for me, I'm a born and bred fourth generation L.A. native, an
      intensely passionate person, a father of 3, proud husband,
      storyteller and writer looking to put together a group of sustainable
      communities -- a "rhizome network" -- that would trade and support
      each other. Geographically, my friends and I want to mimic the trade
      routes for the original indigenous folks, so it would work regardless
      of what level of civilization is here. to spark this, we're hosting
      the 10, 000 Ways Conference in Ashland Oregon August 11-14. The theme
      is "Life After Civilization: Creating the Web of our Future". It's an
      Open Source, open camping trip.

      So, if you want to find out more, check out tenthousandways.org. No,
      it's not a pay event. It's an attempt to make connections with people
      of like mind and restore the trading routes. At the least, it'll be fun!

      Best

      Bill Maxwell