9856Ishmael Inspired Performance in Seattle in May

  • friendsofishmael
    May 5, 2011
      We've created a performance with dance, live music and poetry to tell the story of a young woman who awakens to the truths of the Law of Life and learns to question the story of Mother Culture. We will be presenting the initial performances in Seattle on May 14th and 21st and hope to continue to develop our show and use it to spread the ideas expressed in Ishmael. There is even a brief scene where a character is reading from Ishmael!

      A video with musical and spoken word excerpts and a synopsis of the show is online at:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTDxDOMXOk&feature=feedlik

      More info below--

      THEATRE OF POSSIBILITIES
      PRESENTS

      LAW OF LIFE, A PATHWALKER'S JOURNEY
      An adventure of Earth and Spirit
      through Dance, Live Music, and Spoken Word

      Through dance, live music and spoken word, Law of Life tells the story of a young woman's journey of self-discovery as she unravels layers of cultural conditioning to discover profound truths about humanity's relationship to the Earth. As her journey unfolds, she finds spiritual balance that empowers her to act effectively in these troubled times and celebrate her connection to other people, other species, and the planet.

      Law of Life takes audiences on a journey of awakening to humanity's shared heritage of living in sustainable, nature-based community. The production is inspired by the insights of deep ecology, anthropology, and the work of Daniel Quinn, author of Ishmael and winner of the Turner Tomorrow Fellowship.

      A portion of the proceeds from both performances will be donated to the University Heights Community Center.
      WHEN: Saturday, May 14th, 1 PM
      Saturday, May 21st, 1 PM (at the U-District Street fair)
      The performance runs approximately 70 minutes.
      WHERE: University Heights Community Center, ROOM 108
      at 50th and University Way (by the U-District Farmer's Market)
      5031 University Way NE, Seattle WA 98105
      TICKETS: Ticket prices are $10 and are available at Brown Paper tickets:
      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/164655
      MORE INFORMATION:
      Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/pathjourney
      # # #