- hi Mark
i've been through all the posts here without luck:
can you clarify the situation re IsadoraCore?
- is it now possible to use AudioUnits within Isadora?
- is this accesible only by paying an additional fee?
- how do we get the plugins in the audio toolbox?
- Dear Jan,
>hi MarkYes -- see the IsadoraCore version 1.2.8 at
>i've been through all the posts here without luck:
>can you clarify the situation re IsadoraCore?
>- is it now possible to use AudioUnits within Isadora?
http://www.troikatronix.com/izzy-updates.html. To see the Audio Units
in demo mode, temporary move your registation files (/Users/Shared)
to the desktop. Then run IsadoraCore 1.2.8 -- it will run in demo
mode since it won't find the reg. file.
>- is this accesible only by paying an additional fee?To be able to save, you need to purchase the upgrade for $25.
>- how do we get the plugins in the audio toolbox?They appear automatically when Core Audio is enabled.
Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | mark@...
Troika Ranch Dance Theater | http://www.troikaranch.org
- Mark,Tal Yarden is the video designer on a project here at the workshop and I know he has written to you once. I am experiencing some major latency problems in the playback of images, and we are at a loss to figure out what is wrong. We are running Isadora on a 2.66 Ghz Macpro Quad tower. We have not been able to install the Core Video beta on this tower. We are using 2 Sony HD cameras which are outputting via s-video through a mixer and into an analog to digital converter, then firewire in to the computer. We are experiencing a major lag from stage to monitor. We are using 55" hd plasma screens as our onstage monitors, going into them s-video also. Any thoughts or ideas on who we might talk to to help figure this out?
- mmmm, latency from the firewire converter ? I know I had in the past problems with that and Canopus....Cheers, BarneyOn Sep 9, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Michael Casselli wrote:
- The mixer will probably add 1 frame delay,
the anolog to firewire will be at least 1 frame delay, though I've heard more for some.
(though I think about 2-3 would be the "logical" limit: one input frame buffer, one output frame buffer and one frame in compression.)
Same issue with buffers into the computer,
capture onto computer at least 1 frame, Isadora will probably delay at least 1 frame, and output video card 1 frame buffer too. that's a minimum 100ms to get from video input to screen on the computer.
But more likely it's 100-400ms (3-12 frames) to get from input to screen.
firewire is often at the high end of that, particularly if the CPU is operating at or near max cycles.
at any rate if your talking a 1/4 second delay that's about the best that you will get out of that setup. If you are talking 1/2 second, then you could maybe trim some, if it's 1second or greater then something is probably wrong or slow in the computer.
the A->D converter and firewire input to the computer do add a lot of this delay, and a internal capture card is probably faster. Not sure what people use on the Mac for that, black magic cards I guess.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barney" <barney@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2007 12:23:32 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: [isadora-user-group] error -urgent!
mmmm, latency from the firewire converter ? I know I had in the past problems with that and Canopus....Cheers, BarneyOn Sep 9, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Michael Casselli wrote:
Hal Eagar - Media Effects Artist http://haleagar.com
Associate Artistic Director - Gertrude Stein http://digitalperformance.org
cell 917 257 8440