Re: Net broadcaster

  • synapse2000_uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
      Got it working...set the machine to be controlled up as a airport
      network using create network and then the other machine controlled the
      izzy project no problem
      Simon
      PS Replying to my own mail...what next
      --- In isadora-user-group@yahoogroups.com, "synapse2000_uk"
      <agentsimon@y...> wrote:
      > I am trying to get the net broadcaster to work across two laptops using
      > airport..one machine is set up to share its connection viafile
      sharing and the
      > option to allow Remote apple events is switched on. I've checked the
      machine
      > ID of the reciever matchs the broadcasters transmit id and the channal
      > numbers are correct...but nothing is transmited..any clues?
      > simon
    • Armando Menicacci
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003
        Dear Mark,
        what about 64 bits g5 integration? It seems that it could be important.
        I don't have a G5 yet, but Is it going to be difficult for you to do
        that? Apple claims it is easy and you almost just need to recompile...
        But maybe dual processor implementation is the prority...

        Ciao

        _________
        Armando
      • Mark Coniglio
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
          Re: [isadora-user-group] Net broadcaster
          I am trying to get the net broadcaster to work across two laptops using
          airport..one machine is set up to share its connection viafile sharing and the
          option to allow Remote apple events is switched on. I've checked the machine
          ID of the reciever matchs the broadcasters transmit id and the channal
          numbers are correct...but nothing is transmited..any clues?
          simon

          First of all - you are on the Mac version, right? (This is unimplemented in the Windows version as yet...)

          Basically, what you need to have is proper TCP/IP connection between the machines. In OS X, Look in the network control panel: if you click on "Network" and then "Airport" in the popup menu: do you see a valid IP address shown there? If not (on either machine) Isadora will not be able to communicate via the Net Broadcaster.

          Let me know and we'll try to go further.

          Best Wishes,
          Mark

          --

          Read about Troika Ranch in the March Apple Hot News:
          http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2003/03/troikaranch/

          > Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | troika@...
          Troika Ranch Dance Theater          | http://www.troikaranch.org

        • Simon
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
            I am running it in OSX Jaguar...it works fine now..I
            just set one of the macines up as an airport network,
            made sure the other machine joined the network and
            that the Isadora prog had the right IDs and Bob was my
            Uncle!
            Simon

            =====
            http://www.agentsimon.com