Output Movie Position

  • therovingscotsman
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2003
      I remember someone posting about this before - has anyone figured out a way to
      output a movie position? Or fake it? I'd like to be able to jump around in increments,
      say, jump back 1 second from my current playing position. The only concept I had so
      far involved having an object constantly generating the Current Position of the movie,
      and then split that off, but man, what an ugly and imprecise workaround. Any takers?

      Surya
    • epij
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2003
        i made the movie progress patch once.

        but it will not fulfill your needs ( jumping around )

        its attached anyway, maybe you can figure out something.

        lg
        tom.

        > From: "therovingscotsman" <sbuchwald@...>
        > Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:22:01 -0000
        > To: isadora-user-group@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [isadora-user-group] Output Movie Position
        >
        > I remember someone posting about this before - has anyone figured out a way to
        > output a movie position? Or fake it? I'd like to be able to jump around in
        > increments,
        > say, jump back 1 second from my current playing position. The only concept I
        > had so
        > far involved having an object constantly generating the Current Position of
        > the movie,
        > and then split that off, but man, what an ugly and imprecise workaround. Any
        > takers?
        >
        > Surya

      • therovingscotsman
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2003
          Thank you! Basically what I was thinking, but already built :)

          First I wanted to ask if I could upload this patch to The Isadora Exchange so its easily
          accessible - http://isadora.astrotechnic.com

          Second, I wanted to get your opinion on something regarding using this setup. The
          controls I've been building are working so far, in a sense, in that I can now jump back,
          say, 10 percent or 20 percent, no problem. The problem is doing it again. The jumps
          are made by taking the pseudo-current-position FLOAT generated by the envelope,
          running them through a calculator to subtract a certain amount, and then fed into the
          Current Position of the movie. The problem this creates is that if I try to jump back
          again, it will use the Envelope's fake current position, which is no longer correct
          (since its amount didn't jump back when the movie did). Any idea how to feed an
          adjusted amount back into the envelope when i trigger a jumpback?

          Thanks again for sending over your patch!

          Surya

          --- In isadora-user-group@yahoogroups.com, epij <epij@m...> wrote:
          > i made the movie progress patch once.
          >
          > but it will not fulfill your needs ( jumping around )
          >
          > its attached anyway, maybe you can figure out something.
          >
          > lg
          > tom.
          >
          > > From: "therovingscotsman" <sbuchwald@a...>
          > > Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:22:01 -0000
          > > To: isadora-user-group@yahoogroups.com
          > > Subject: [isadora-user-group] Output Movie Position
          > >
          > > I remember someone posting about this before - has anyone figured out a way
          > > output a movie position? Or fake it? I'd like to be able to jump around in
          > > increments,
          > > say, jump back 1 second from my current playing position. The only concept I
          > > had so
          > > far involved having an object constantly generating the Current Position of
          > > the movie,
          > > and then split that off, but man, what an ugly and imprecise workaround. Any
          > > takers?
          > >
          > > Surya

        • Mark Coniglio
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2003
            Who knew how many people wanted the movie output position!

            Ask and you shall receive... I added it in and tried it, and it seems
            to work well. Will be in the next version.

            Best Wishes,
            Mark
            --
            Read about Troika Ranch in the March Apple Hot News:
            http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2003/03/troikaranch/

            Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | troika@...
            Troika Ranch Dance Theater | http://www.troikaranch.org
          • therovingscotsman
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2003
              This is DEFINITELY one of the best features of Isadora - a creator who
              listens to the users and responds amazingly and consistently. It makes
              Isadora absolutely worth the price.

              Surya

              --- In isadora-user-group@yahoogroups.com, Mark Coniglio <troika@p...>
              wrote:
              > Who knew how many people wanted the movie output position!
              >
              > Ask and you shall receive... I added it in and tried it, and it seems
              > to work well. Will be in the next version.
              >
              > Best Wishes,
              > Mark
              > --
              > Read about Troika Ranch in the March Apple Hot News:
              > http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2003/03/troikaranch/

              > Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | troika@p...
              > Troika Ranch Dance Theater | http://www.troikaranch.org
            • Armando Menicacci
              Message 6 of 6 , May 21, 2003
                Thanks Mark.
                Actually it would be nice to have it also for sound player....

                All the best
                On mercredi, mai 21, 2003, at 22:05 Europe/Paris, Mark Coniglio wrote:

                > Who knew how many people wanted the movie output position!
                >
                > Ask and you shall receive... I added it in and tried it, and it seems
                > to work well. Will be in the next version.
                >
                > Best Wishes,
                > Mark
                > --
                > Read about Troika Ranch in the March Apple Hot News:
                > http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2003/03/troikaranch/

                _________
                Armando