Implications_cutting_positions_and_programs_-_as_of_3-25

  • Kevin Swersey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2011
  • blockb@aol.com
    Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2011
      Who drafted this? And where did this information come from? Is this what is proposed?
      This document indicates "job specs." Where are they?
      Some of these positions, for give me, are obvious padding. Except for a few items, I'm surprised there were no work-arounds. Also, the Dept Chairpeople seemed to be getting a large additional stipend. What work is done for those stipends? And why not add "curriculum" to that work? $116K is a lot less than $175k for the curriculum coordinator. We need a Pupil Personnel Director more than a curriculum coordinator. Why is that on the chopping block? Is it for real? Or is it to scare us into thinking that we "just can't live without" some positions.
      When I was a kid, there was no library clerks. The school librarian did everything. Now there are computers, of course, but can't they be maintained by the District IT guy?
      For all that is listed in the attachment, there's got to be a work-around that is/probably more efficient and effective.
      Just my opinion.
      Beatrice
      PS AND (here's the kicker.....) does voting for a budget really matter if the admins do what they want anyway?
      Who said "power goes to those who take it!?"

      Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2011
        Assuming that's a legit list, THANK YOU for posting it.