1hi everyone - welcome! (did anyone attend the fields meeting last night?)

  • irvingtonparentforum
    Oct 5, 2006
      Hi everyone --

      I thought I'd introduce myself.

      I'm Catherine Johnson; my husband is Ed Berenson.

      I'm an author (coauthor ANIMALS IN TRANSLATION: USING THE MYSTERIES OF AUTISM TO
      DECODE ANIMAL BEHAVIOR). ED is a European historian and Director of the Institute of
      French Studies at NYU.

      Our kids:
      Jimmy age 19 Holly Sewalk's class at IHS (Jimmy has autism)
      Andrew age 12 Clarice Martin's class at MSS (Andrew also has autism)
      Christopher age 12 IMS (Christopher does not have autism!)

      If other members would like to introduce themselves, that's great; if not, that's great, too.

      Along with our circle of friends we've been thinking about setting up an Irvington listserv
      since last school year. In the spring a good friend came over and walked me through the
      process. Then I let things slide over the summer.

      After last week's school board meeting (about our ELA scores) I came home and finally got
      the ball rolling.

      My question: did any of you attend the fields meeting last night?

      I couldn't stay because I had to rescue our babysitter.

      Thanks!