Soccer Thursdays - no more Lights?

  • Chad Bailey
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
      It seems for the past two weeks that the lights have been out at the
      University Park field. I'm guessing that AYSO must be over.

      Is there a place where people are playing now, staring at approx. 6:30pm
      Thursdays??

      Chad
    • Ben Mehling
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
        Keep in mind last Thursday was Thanksgiving, so the lights are usually not on for holidays... I would also expect that for the next few weeks lights will be pretty spotty. Some nights they'll be on, some nights off. Things will get more regular come Januaary.

        Other lit fields in Irvine:

        - Lower Peters Canyon
        - Col. Barber
        - Quail Hill
        - Oak Creek
        - Windrow

        There's a few others, but those come to mind as places to check if you get desperate. Report back findings here!

        See everyone on the pitch!

        - Ben

        On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:51:17 -0800, "Chad Bailey" <chadbailey80@...> wrote:

        > It seems for the past two weeks that the lights have been out at the
        > University Park field. I'm guessing that AYSO must be over.
        >
        > Is there a place where people are playing now, staring at approx. 6:30pm
        > Thursdays??
      • Peter Schuller
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hey, Ben,
          My surgery (on Monday) went so well, I am home already and doing my rehab. Hope to be on the exercise bike tomorrow. Maybe I will be able to play some "light" (no slide tackle, major contact) soccer again!!
          Tell everyone I said hi!
          Cheers, Peter

          From: Ben Mehling <ben@...>
          Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:09:59 -0800

          Sent via the WebMail system at graphicssequence.com
        • Lawrence Tabak
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
            I'll be there 6.30pm tonight, hope we got lights.

            Lawrence Tabak
            Tabak's Health Products
            1622 Deere Avenue
            Irvine, CA 92606
            phone: (949) 296-0880 ext. 224
            Fax : (949) 296-0885
            email: ltabak@...

            wrote:

            > It seems for the past two weeks that the lights have been out at the
            > University Park field. I'm guessing that AYSO must be over.
            >
            > Is there a place where people are playing now, staring at approx. 6:30pm
            > Thursdays??

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • heyubales
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
              Alton's lights were on tongiht and it looked liked there was plenty
              of grass open for soccer....

              --- In irvine_soccer@yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Tabak" <ltabak@t...>