sad news

  • ScottM
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2009
      Don Murphy, an occasional member of our Sunday kick-around game, apparently was killed the other day in an SUV-bike collision. OC Reg story, with a picture of Don, is here :
    • Ben Mehling
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2009
        This is horrible. It's hard to believe.

        Don played with us consistently for many years, more recently he'd show up here and there with the same energy level and constant smile. He was perhaps one of the original members of this group which started playing Sunday's in 1997.

        - Ben

        On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM, ScottM <smartelle@...> wrote:

        Don Murphy, an occasional member of our Sunday kick-around game, apparently was killed the other day in an SUV-bike collision. OC Reg story, with a picture of Don, is here :

      • Scott Martelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2009
          Yeah, I remember first meeting/playing with him during the games behind Rancho. Really sad news...

          On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM, ScottM <smartelle@cox. net> wrote:

          Don Murphy, an occasional member of our Sunday kick-around game, apparently was killed the other day in an SUV-bike collision. OC Reg story, with a picture of Don, is here :

          Thanks,
          Scott Martelle
          Irvine, CA

        • Scott Laumann
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2009
            Wow.  Really tragic.  I always enjoyed his energy and positive attitude.  I'll miss seeing him out there.

            scott

            --
            www.scottlaumann.com
            949.500.8898
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
              Wow, that's horrible. I remember him well--always energetic on the soccer field as well--in fact always someone I wanted on MY team so I would not have to deal with his tenacious defense. Thanks for passing this on, Scott. If there is any communication from us to the family, please let me know.
              Peter

              To: irvine_soccer@yahoogroups.com
              From: smartelle@...
              Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:41:30 +0000