Yesterday's Sunday game

  • karall777
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
      Basically it sucked, as only 4 people showed up.
      How many give and go's can you do in an hour?
      We need to recruit some new bodies, cause this game is dieing a slow
      and painful death if we don't!
      Carl
    • Paul Cater
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
        I am in..

      • ddcapital@cox.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
          karall777 wrote:

          Basically it sucked, as only 4 people showed up.
          How many give and go's can you do in an hour?
          We need to recruit some new bodies, cause this game is dieing a slow
          and painful death if we don't!
            Carl

          Carl:

          What time does the Sunday game start?

          David
        • Ben Mehling
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 18, 2005
            I had to get on a plane at 3:30 yesterday...

            ... The last two weeks that I've been out have been perfect numbers. I'd
            argue that the reason numbers were low yesterday was due to last weeks MINOR
            argument towards the end. Bah. Just play soccer, people! :)

            - Ben

            Basically it sucked, as only 4 people showed up.
            How many give and go's can you do in an hour?
            We need to recruit some new bodies, cause this game is dieing a slow and
            painful death if we don't!
            Carl

            ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Help
            save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
            'Thanks & Giving.'
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/W7CslB/TM

          • jhammons01@cox.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
              That game always gets small in the late spring early summer. The numbers usually grow in late summer as the new season starts up. Remember a few years ago that game was considered the AYSO "coaches" game. We used to recruit the "right" kind of player from the coaches training courses. My suggestion would be to work with Sey to try to recruit from the training courses again. I have not been involved for a few years.....just adding my two cents.

              > From: "Ben Mehling" <ben@...>
              > Date: 2005/04/18 Mon PM 03:16:41 EDT
              > To: <irvine_soccer@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: RE: [irvine_soccer] Yesterday's Sunday game
              >

              > I had to get on a plane at 3:30 yesterday...
              >
              > ... The last two weeks that I've been out have been perfect numbers. I'd
              > argue that the reason numbers were low yesterday was due to last weeks MINOR
              > argument towards the end. Bah. Just play soccer, people! :)
              >
              > - Ben

            • Fernando Grimaldo
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
                I wonder if I'm a "right" kind of player?

                http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
              • Martelle, Scott
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
                  If your feet reach the ground and you trip others rarely and then by accident, you're the right kind of player. :-)

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
                    What if I just trip on myself?

                    --- "Martelle, Scott" <Scott.Martelle@...>
                    wrote:

                    > If your feet reach the ground and you trip others
                    > rarely and then by accident, you're the right kind
                    > of player. :-)

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Martelle, Scott
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
                      Well, it's up to each of us to set our own pain thresholds ... both in real terms, and embarrassment. :-)
                      > If your feet reach the ground and you trip others
                      > rarely and then by accident, you're the right kind
                      > of player. :-)

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Ben Mehling
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 19, 2005
                        John's point is simply that years ago the Sunday game (specifically Sunday)
                        was AYSO coaches interested in skills building and a fun atmosphere. That
                        was years ago, 1997 or so -- I remember the coaches training session where
                        we decided to try a regularly scheduled Sunday game.

                        I'd argue that hasn't changed a single bit. Everyone out there is there for
                        fun. Everyone is welcome. Sometimes people get bitchy. WHATEVER. :)

                        - B

                      • jhammons01@cox.net
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 20, 2005
                          All I meant was......

                          There was a period where a few would show up that had the mindset that they were in the rosebowl playing for the world cup championship. A few got hurt. thats bad.

                          > From: "Martelle, Scott" <Scott.Martelle@...>
                          > Date: 2005/04/19 Tue PM 04:48:06 EDT
                          > To: "'irvine_soccer@yahoogroups.com'" <irvine_soccer@yahoogroups.com>
                          > Subject: RE: RE: [irvine_soccer] Yesterday's Sunday game
                          >
                          > Well, it's up to each of us to set our own pain thresholds ... both in real terms, and embarrassment. :-)

                        • Fernando Grimaldo
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 20, 2005
                            yah lets all be careful out there, just for laughs
                            yah.

                            Cool peace out

                            === message truncated ===

                            http://mail.yahoo.com