elbow injuries and bench shirt and or squat suites

  • kevin john
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
      hi im kevin would like to know how to treat elbow tedenites, while
      im performing triceps extension my elbow hurts all i do affter the
      work out is apply ice, asking if ther is an excercise help streghten
      the elbow joint, and lastly could any one direct me where i could
      purchase a bench shirt and a squat suite,

      thanks.
    • mark limbaga
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
        1. my elbows also hurt when doing tricep extensions,
        so I stopped and relied on clise grip bench presses,
        pressdowns, floor presses and rack lockouts for tricep
        work.

        2. Are you going to compete in powerlifting? What
        weight class and what are your best raw lifts? ( when
        I say raw that means without any equipment at all, for
        squats and deads, that means no belt and wraps) Before
        even considering these, make sure you already have
        squatted 2x/BW and for bench close to 1.5xBW. many
        people become too dependent on their suits and shirts.

        --- kevin john <kevinbarriga@...> wrote:

        > hi im kevin would like to know how to treat elbow
        > tedenites, while
        > im performing triceps extension my elbow hurts all i
        > do affter the
        > work out is apply ice, asking if ther is an
        > excercise help streghten
        > the elbow joint, and lastly could any one direct me
        > where i could
        > purchase a bench shirt and a squat suite,
        >
        > thanks.

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • kevin barriga
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2005
          im not , im still into training i used to do 425 in
          squat when i was a 220lb guy , now i trimed down to
          168-170lbs, and thinking of trining into powerlifting
          but my sched is so thight i could not hit the gym
          regularly all i do is with my bench at home. and even
          if im in the gym i only hit it for 45min to 1hour
          tops. and its not a hard core gym.
          --- mark limbaga <da_howling@...> wrote:

          > 1. my elbows also hurt when doing tricep extensions,
          > so I stopped and relied on clise grip bench presses,
          > pressdowns, floor presses and rack lockouts for
          > tricep
          > work.
          >
          > 2. Are you going to compete in powerlifting? What
          > weight class and what are your best raw lifts? (
          > when
          > I say raw that means without any equipment at all,
          > for
          > squats and deads, that means no belt and wraps)
          > Before
          > even considering these, make sure you already have
          > squatted 2x/BW and for bench close to 1.5xBW. many
          > people become too dependent on their suits and
          > shirts.
          >
          > --- kevin john <kevinbarriga@...> wrote:
          >
          > > hi im kevin would like to know how to treat
          > elbow
          > > tedenites, while
          > > im performing triceps extension my elbow hurts all
          > > do affter the
          > > work out is apply ice, asking if ther is an
          > > excercise help streghten
          > > the elbow joint, and lastly could any one direct
          > me
          > > where i could
          > > purchase a bench shirt and a squat suite,
          > >
          > > thanks.
          > >

          > __________________________________
          >
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          Kevin John V.Barriga NYK Logistics Phil. Inc.
          San Roque ,Bauan Batangas

          (043) 7272289
          0917 8739241

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • gymbuddy2000ph
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2005
            Dude, if you want to train for powerlifting, try out Eclipse 24/7
            (www.ironpinoy.com/eclipse). All of our trainers (coaches) have
            background in training and or competing in powerlifting.

            --- In ironpinoy@yahoogroups.com, kevin barriga <kevinbarriga@y...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2005
              If you're not going to compete soon, I suggest you
              scrap the idea of getting any blast shirt and squat
              suits. You don't need to work for long, even if you
              are training for powerlifting.
              --- kevin barriga <kevinbarriga@...> wrote:

              > im not , im still into training i used to do 425 in
              > squat when i was a 220lb guy , now i trimed down to
              > 168-170lbs, and thinking of trining into
              > powerlifting
              > but my sched is so thight i could not hit the gym
              > regularly all i do is with my bench at home. and
              > even
              > if im in the gym i only hit it for 45min to 1hour
              > tops. and its not a hard core gym.
              > --- mark limbaga <da_howling@...> wrote:
              >
              > > 1. my elbows also hurt when doing tricep
              > extensions,
              > > so I stopped and relied on clise grip bench
              > presses,
              > > pressdowns, floor presses and rack lockouts for
              > > tricep
              > > work.
              > >
              > > 2. Are you going to compete in powerlifting? What
              > > weight class and what are your best raw lifts? (
              > > when
              > > I say raw that means without any equipment at all,
              > > for
              > > squats and deads, that means no belt and wraps)
              > > Before
              > > even considering these, make sure you already have
              > > squatted 2x/BW and for bench close to 1.5xBW. many
              > > people become too dependent on their suits and
              > > shirts.
              > >
              > > --- kevin john <kevinbarriga@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > hi im kevin would like to know how to treat
              > > elbow
              > > > tedenites, while
              > > > im performing triceps extension my elbow hurts
              > all
              > > > do affter the
              > > > work out is apply ice, asking if ther is an
              > > > excercise help streghten
              > > > the elbow joint, and lastly could any one direct
              > > me
              > > > where i could
              > > > purchase a bench shirt and a squat suite,
              > > >
              > > > thanks.
              > > >

              > > __________________________________
              > > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home
              > page!
              > >
              > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              > >

              > Kevin John V.Barriga NYK Logistics Phil. Inc.
              > San Roque ,Bauan Batangas
              >
              > (043) 7272289
              > 0917 8739241
              >

              > __________________________________
              > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
              > one click.
              > http://farechase.yahoo.com

              __________________________________
              http://farechase.yahoo.com
            • kevin barriga
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2005
                ok thanks for the idea. is any one there from fitness
                first alabang?

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Eddie Torres
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 11, 2005
                  Kevin,
                  425 without a suit is quite strong for a 220 pounder. It's tougher to hit
                  2xBW in the squat and 1.5XBW in the bench when you are heavy. It is easier
                  to do these proportions when you are lighter. This is why among Pinoys,
                  these ratios are fairly common for those in the 100-150 pound BW range but
                  rare for those who are way over 200 pounds BW

                  Your numbers as a 220 are respectable. You may lift less now as a 170 but
                  the proportion should go up, unless you are very uncomfortable at 170.
                  Through smart training, you should exceed that 425 even at 170.

                  If you will compete in powerlifting, you won't need a suit or bench shirt
                  until 1-2 months before your first competition. So if you don't plan to
                  compete soon, you may decide to postpone your purchase. If you are
                  interested to compete soon, the National Novice Championships (an annual
                  event) will on the first weekend of Feb 2006.

                  Your basic strength needs to be developed first. Then as you peak, you will
                  need to learn and get used to the suit so that by the time you are in the
                  competition, you are fairly familiar with it. As you gain experience, you
                  will be using the suit less in training.