Southeast cons

  • Arlene Medder
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
      Quoting perowyn lablac <perowyn@...>:

      I'll be at Stellar con, & Trinic*con & maybe at Mace. That's
      Greensboro, Durham & Winston-Salem (I think), NC.
      Arlene Medder
    • Drakkon Darkspell
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
        What kind of Cons are these?

        - Drakkon, Cyberdragon
        - ICQ: #4037435
        - MSN: Dracondis@...

        Dragon Code:
        DC2.D Gh/m L+++ W~ T Pahltvw Skhs Ceb-%~ Bpl A+++! Fr+++! N* M++mm O H+++!
        $+ Fc+ R+++! Ac+++ J S++ U+++ I++# V+++ Q+++! Tc+ Df+++

        Furry Code:
        FCWpst3dmrw A+ C++ D H++ M++++ P++ R+++ T++++ W Z Sm++ RLCT/RB a cdlmnuw++$
        d++ e f++ h++ iwf++ j++p sm+

        "The next time you send someone to
        save the world, make sure they like
        it the way it is."
        - Xander Cage, 'xXx'

      • FenrysStar@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
          Living in Philadelphia, PA the only con I get to every year is Anthrocon the
          fact that it's in Philadelphia is the main reason for that
        • perowyn lablac
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2003
            the reason i asked is i'm in SC and my home con is a
            little one called rouncon. was wondering if anyone was
            gonna be there and run ironclaw or jadeclaw is
            all.have fun folks
            dolphin
            --- FenrysStar@... wrote:
            > Living in Philadelphia, PA the only con I get to
            > every year is Anthrocon the
            > fact that it's in Philadelphia is the main reason
            > for that

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Diana Wray
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 2, 2003
              > the reason i asked is i'm in SC and my home con is a
              > little one called rouncon. was wondering if anyone was
              > gonna be there and run ironclaw or jadeclaw is
              > all.have fun folks
              > dolphin

              Where and when is it? SC isn't all that far from NC, after all. :)

              LP
            • Gryphon
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 2, 2003
                What he meant to type was roundcon (www.roundcon.org) I ran a demo there
                last year, but being in the middle of moving to tenneessee I won't make it
                there this year. If anyone wants to swing by it's a fairly decent con.
                -Gryphon

                > the reason i asked is i'm in SC and my home con is a
                > little one called rouncon. was wondering if anyone was
                > gonna be there and run ironclaw or jadeclaw is
                > all.have fun folks
                > dolphin
                > --- FenrysStar@... wrote:
                > > Living in Philadelphia, PA the only con I get to
                > > every year is Anthrocon the
                > > fact that it's in Philadelphia is the main reason
                > > for that

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 2, 2003
                  I'll be there with a couple of people and you might be able to talk one of
                  them into running. My schedule will depend on what they actually put up as
                  the gaming schedule, i generally go to play not run, but you never know.

                  For people who want to know, it is Roundcon, in Columbia SC
                  http://www.roundcon.org/ {this page is half 2002/ half 2003}
                  and it is April 11-13

                  > From: perowyn lablac <perowyn@...>
                  > Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 10:58:34 -0800 (PST)
                  > To: ironclaw@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [ironclaw] Southeast cons
                  >
                  > the reason i asked is i'm in SC and my home con is a
                  > little one called rouncon. was wondering if anyone was
                  > gonna be there and run ironclaw or jadeclaw is
                  > all.have fun folks
                  > dolphin
                  > --- FenrysStar@... wrote:
                  >> Living in Philadelphia, PA the only con I get to
                  >> every year is Anthrocon the
                  >> fact that it's in Philadelphia is the main reason
                  >> for that

                • Arlene Medder
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 3, 2003
                    Quoting Drakkon Darkspell <dracondis@...>:

                    > What kind of Cons are these?

                    Umm, Trinic*con ( http://www.trinoc-con.org/ )at least tries to be an
                    umbrella con (literature, media, gaming), stellar con is a general con
                    as well ( http://www.uncg.edu/student.groups/sf3/stellarcon.htm ), what
                    other cons did I mention?

                    Arlene Medder
                  • willi064
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 3, 2003
                      >===== Original Message From "Gryphon" <wyldgryph@...> =====
                      >What he meant to type was roundcon (www.roundcon.org) I ran a demo there
                      >last year, but being in the middle of moving to tenneessee I won't make it
                      >there this year. If anyone wants to swing by it's a fairly decent con.
                      >-Gryphon

                      On the subject of Southeastern conventions (and Tennessee in particular)
                      there's the Mephit FurMeet Labor Day Weekend in Memphis. It's a pretty small
                      gathering, but Ironclaw & Jadeclaw have had a pretty good showing there the
                      past few years.

                      Firemane
                    • Gryphon
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 3, 2003
                        hmm.. might consider it.. though if everything works out I'll probably be at
                        Dragon that weekend. Arlene, want to work up ideas for games?
                        -Gryphon

                      • riiya@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 3, 2003
                          In a message dated 2/3/03 4:55:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time, willi064@... writes:

                          On the subject of Southeastern conventions (and Tennessee in particular)
                          there's the Mephit FurMeet Labor Day Weekend in Memphis.  It's a pretty small
                          gathering, but Ironclaw & Jadeclaw have had a pretty good showing there the
                          past few years.

                          I don't know... it's a bit of a stretch to call Memphis part of the southeast.  I used to live in Chapel Hill NC, and Memphis is about as close to there as Boston is....

                          I'm a lot closer to Memphis now that I'm in Indiana.

                          Greg
                        • Arlene Medder
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 5, 2003
                            Quoting Gryphon <wyldgryph@...>:

                            > hmm.. might consider it.. though if everything works out I'll
                            > probably be at
                            > Dragon that weekend. Arlene, want to work up ideas for games?
                            > -Gryphon

                            Gryphon, contact me off-list & we'll talk.
                            Arlene Medder