Re: [ironclaw] New Races

  • Arlene Medder
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
      I have one for a red panda somewhere. I'll have to find it.

      Quoting mageknight360 <mageknight360@...>:

      > Hey all! I was wondering, and they're probably are, but does anyone
      >
      > have templates for new races? I've tried some myself, and I want to
      >
      > see if anyone else has some good ones. Thanks!!

      Arlene Medder
    • Arlene Medder
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
        Quoting mageknight360 <mageknight360@...>:

        > Hey all! I was wondering, and they're probably are, but does anyone
        >
        > have templates for new races? I've tried some myself, and I want to
        >
        > see if anyone else has some good ones. Thanks!!

        found it

        Red Panda (3)
        Gifts: claws, teeth, night sight
        Skills: climbing, herbalism, stealth
        habitat: forest
        Sense: smell

        Arlene Medder
      • los_diablos_de_alamancha
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2002
          --- In ironclaw@y..., "mageknight360" <mageknight360@y...> wrote:
          > Hey all! I was wondering, and they're probably are, but does anyone
          > have templates for new races? I've tried some myself, and I want to
          > see if anyone else has some good ones. Thanks!!

          We have one in Sean's game at Purdue that a couple of us players
          created. It's the platypus because, well its the coolest mammal
          around. I don't recall the exact info off the top of my head. I'll
          get it from Sean sometime.
        • kilgs
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 18, 2002
            --- In ironclaw@y..., "los_diablos_de_alamancha"

            I've got Sugar Gliders ;-)
          • Cuvein@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18, 2002
              In a message dated 4/18/02 11:44:40 AM Central Daylight Time, los_diablos_de_alamancha@... writes:

              We have one in Sean's game at Purdue that a couple of us players
              created.  It's the platypus because, well its the coolest mammal
              around.  I don't recall the exact info off the top of my head.  I'll
              get it from Sean sometime.

              I have done one for velociraptor.
            • Frank Sronce
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 18, 2002
                > los_diablos_de_alamancha@... writes:
                >

                > We have one in Sean's game at Purdue that a couple of us players
                > created. It's the platypus because, well its the coolest mammal
                > around. I don't recall the exact info off the top of my head. I'll
                > get it from Sean sometime.

                My game has a kangaroo.

                Kiz
              • Daniel Pittman
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 18, 2002
                  On Tue, 02 Apr 2002, los diablos de alamancha wrote:
                  > --- In ironclaw@y..., "mageknight360" <mageknight360@y...> wrote:
                  >> Hey all! I was wondering, and they're probably are, but does anyone
                  >> have templates for new races? I've tried some myself, and I want to
                  >> see if anyone else has some good ones. Thanks!!
                  >
                  > We have one in Sean's game at Purdue that a couple of us players
                  > created. It's the platypus because, well its the coolest mammal
                  > around. I don't recall the exact info off the top of my head. I'll
                  > get it from Sean sometime.

                  I used the following for the Platypus in my game:

                  Platypus (Race)
                  Gifts: Claws (1), Poison (1) for males
                  Flaws: None
                  Skills: Swimming, Breath Holding, Sixth Sense, Contortionist
                  Weapons: Claws
                  Habitat: Forest
                  Sense Tests: Listen

                  The poison is similar to the shrew poison in effect, but is only present
                  for male members and the young. Female platypus lose the poison once
                  they reach maturity.

                  As a result of the electrical senses in the beak, a platypus has a
                  better chance than most of knowing that someone is around or that
                  something odd is in the air. The nature of this is /not/ known as
                  electricity is not a well understood concept.

                  The lack of flaws is a result of the excellent eyesight and hearing that
                  are, much to my surprise, a widely known feature of the creature.

                  Daniel

                  --
                  Misfortune is never mournful to the soul that accepts it;
                  for such do always see that in every cloud is an angel's face.