[ironclaw] Rogues Gallery

  • Kurt Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons recently published a "Rogues Gallery" of NPC
      characters for use in their adventures, so why can't we do the same with
      IRONCLAW? Below is the first of several characters one might meet on the
      streets of Triskellian; unless noted, each of the characters was created
      using the basic rules from IRONCLAW. Feel free to add your own characters to
      the list...

      Aurelius the Merchant
      Body: d6 Speed: d4
      Mind: d8 Will: d8

      Race: Raccoon d4
      Racial Skills: Climbing, Fishing, Stealth
      Racial Habitat: Forest
      Racial Sense Test: Listen, Smell

      Career: Merchant d10
      Applies to: Administration, Bribery, Ciphering, Literacy

      Career: Trader d12
      Applies to: Bribery, Fast-Talk, Haggling, Teamster Trade

      Gifts:
      Racial: Claws, Night Vision, Teeth
      Personal: Extra Trait (d4)
      Social: Wealth, Merchant Guild Membership. (Journeyman)

      Flaws: Curious, Duty (Merchant Guild), Greedy, Gregarious.

      Skills:
      Accounting (supplies) d10
      Administration (store goods) d10
      Animal Handling (drays) d8
      Brawling (fists) d4
      Bribery (guards and officials) d12 + d10
      Carousing (drinking wine) d8
      Ciphering (converting money) d10
      Climbing (buildings) d4
      Dodge (against thrown weapons) d4
      Fast-Talk (bluffing) d12
      Fishing (poles) d4
      Gambling (card games) d6
      Haggling (bartering) d12
      Literacy (contracts) d10
      Stealth (at night) d4
      Streetwise (finding a fence) d8
      Teamster (wagons) d12

      Your Obedient Servant,
      Kurt Miller

      My name is Mok, thanks a lot
      I'm the power seldom used a lot
      I am the pillar, and the snake
      I'm the big bad thing that makes you shake.
      I am the killer, I am the source
      And you will worship me of course
      I'm the oracle
      I'm the conduit
      There is no question that I am it!
      --My Name is Mok, from "Rock & Rule"

      From: kilgs@...
      To: ironclaw@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ironclaw] Re: Greetings
      Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:08:45 -0000

      --- In ironclaw@y..., "Ted MacKinnon" <tmackinn@n...> wrote:
      > > Of course silk comes from Zhoung Guo. It's WOOL that comes from
      > the herds of
      > > large furry arachnids with large, cute eyes.
      >
      > [Checks archives]
      >
      > Correct. My apologies.
      > [........]
      > STILL not in my campaign.

      And milk too right?... wait, thats not right, the milk comes from
      large milking lizards who populate the Avoirdupois grasslands, right?

      <couldn't resist>

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Quoting Kurt Miller <godhi@...>:
        <snip>Below is the first of several characters one might meet on
        > the
        > streets of Triskellian; unless noted, each of the characters was
        > created
        > using the basic rules from IRONCLAW. Feel free to add your own
        > characters to
        > the list...
        >
        > Aurelius the Merchant
        > Body: d6 Speed: d4
        > Mind: d8 Will: d8

        A good idea. One suggestion, a short paragraph with some history, habits
        & attitudes would be a nice addition. And for those of us who always end
        up running, we could submit the PC's that we would be playing. For
        example, Brina Greycloak, the homeopath. As soon as I can get the
        character sheet, I'll post her.
        Arlene Medder
      • Kurt Miller
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2001
          Arlene Medder <ajmedder@...> writes:
          A good idea. One suggestion, a short paragraph with some history, habits
          & attitudes would be a nice addition. And for those of us who always end
          up running, we could submit the PC's that we would be playing. For
          example, Brina Greycloak, the homeopath. As soon as I can get the
          character sheet, I'll post her.

          Thanks! Allow me to post the expanded version of my IRONCLAW character for
          the Rogues Gallery...

[...]

          Aurelius is a wealthy merchant of Triskellian who began his career as a
          trader, travelling from one end of Calabria to the other with his carts and
          wagons before acquiring enough wealth to establish his own merchant company.
          Friendly and outgoing, Aurelius enjoys the company of others as well as good
          food, expensive wine, and beautiful women, but having worked his way up from
          the bottom of the social ladder is not wasteful or extravagant; however,
          Aurelius wants to remain at the upper rung of the social ladder and for this
          reason is always looking for a means to acquire more wealth, power, and
          prestige, and often hires adventurers for expeditions into the wilderness of
          Calabria to find new markets for his goods and lost treasures of the
          Autarchs.