Apology for lack of time and confidence. was Re: Minor Households

  • Swift Fox
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1 7:45 AM
      --- In ironclaw@y..., "draconis" <Draconis@k...> wrote:
      > > At Anthrocon there were Just 3 hosts for IC there with about 5
      games run.
      > That is just not enough. The players were there just not enough
      hosts.

      > Draconis

      I'd like to apologize for not stepping forward to run IC demo's at
      AC'01. After things got messed up with scheduling, the IC schedule
      on Friday ran into other things I was involved in, and when I had the
      chance to run rather than play in the JadeClaw demo Jason was
      running, I remained silent.

      However...I did get enough courage to run 10 furs in an IronClaw
      adaptation of Hide and Seek Sunday evening for three hours of mayhem
      and laughter and actually pulled it off. We used rules I've
      developed to create little-furs rather than adult furs and use them
      to role-play 'lighter' story-lines. :) I must say I had 10 furs
      playing and another 20 gathered around watching and laughing right
      along with us. I believe I may have created some converts to the IC
      game. :)

      So...I guess I should have had more confidence in my knowledge of the
      system and my style and should have stuck to my guns and not shyed
      from running IC demos for everyfur.

      Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person Draconis, though I did see
      you running the IC demo Saturday afternoon.

      As for submitting adventures...I'll send you the one I brought along
      to run at AC and let you critique it and tell me where it's lacking.
      It's been play tested twice now, and I know the adventure intimatly,
      but I'm not sure it's complete enough for someone else to run without
      more background.

      That's all for now.

      Catch ya on the sunny side!

      Swift Fox
    • draconis
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1 10:55 AM
        Hey Swift Fox,
            Don't beat yourself up for not running more games. I am looking for more hosts that way we can also play in other games also.  I find myself only being able to run one or two games now in days as I seem to wear myself out more by running then playing.
         I really wish I could have played in your game and that way I really could have given you some constructive criticism if so needed.  Being right there is so much better if you know what I mean.  What feed back did you get from your players? This is always a good thing to do after a game. How many times have you run this scenario?
        The more times a scenario is run the more you can refine the adventure to the way you really would like it.
          The bottom line is was that it was great that you could run some games and meet with Richard and Jason.

        Thanks again Swift Fox,

        Draconis