Ironclaw Miniatures

  • Richard Stewart
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2001
      Greetings All!

      This is an update on the line of Ironclaw miniatures that is being produced
      by Excelsior Entertainment.

      The final picture was approved today. Production on the sculptings
      themselves started a few weeks back. I am happy to say that we are on
      target for a mid summer release. The miniatures will be released at
      Anthrocon 2001 and Gen Con 2001 and be available for online sales about that
      same time. Excelsior Entertainment and Sanguine Productions Ltd. will be
      using a wide range of distributors, so the product will be available in
      stores shortly thereafter.

      If you would like a sneak peek at production art just go to:
      http://www.sanguineproductions.com/sanguine_product_updates.htm at the
      bottom of the page are the ten thumbnails. Just click on one to see the
      enlarged image.

      On a NON-Sanguine note, Excelsior Entertainment (www.excelsior.cc) is
      bringing back the Warzone and Chronopia game/miniature line. I think they
      even released old stock to retailers.

      Richard Stewart
      Sanguine Productions Ltd.

      stewart@...
      http://www.sanguineproductions.com
    • Ted MacKinnon
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 12:03 PM
        It may seem as though I'm nitpicking here, but I'm genuinely curious.
        Jadeclaw is legendary China in the Ironclaw setting. Are you going to
        be mixing in Japanese elements as well? Because Mei Ling (chinese) is
        using two swords (chinesish names) that appear to be Katana (esp in
        the miniature picture).
        I know I could wait until Jadeclaw comes out, but...

        Is Jadeclaw based primarily on China with other Eastern influences, on
        China only, or on the whole orient (with an island for Japan,
        penninsula for Korea, Vietnam, India, etc)?

        Ted
      • Chuan Lin
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3 4:34 AM
          Hi Ted,

          Jadeclaw is strictly dealing with China, more exactly,
          during the Spring & Autumn -> Warring States period.

          Mei Ling character was created before Jadeclaw project
          was conceived. Sanguine always wanted to do an
          oriental theme but they haven't decided which to focus
          on when Mei Ling character was made.

          The main book, Jadeclaw, focus primary on Zhong Guo,
          the Middle Kingdom of Jadeclaw. There are nine
          supplements coming over three years production run. We
          expected to introduce some of barbarian states like
          the Jins, Manchu, and Mongols; some foreign nations
          like Tibets and India. But as for Japan, I believed
          Sanguine is still soliciting author to do it. Right
          now, they still brainstorming trying to come up with
          japan-ish name + claw.

          Hope this help

          Chuan Lin

          --- Ted MacKinnon <tmackinn@...> wrote:
          > It may seem as though I'm nitpicking here, but I'm
          > genuinely curious.
          > Jadeclaw is legendary China in the Ironclaw setting.
          > Are you going to
          > be mixing in Japanese elements as well? Because Mei
          > Ling (chinese) is
          > using two swords (chinesish names) that appear to be
          > Katana (esp in
          > the miniature picture).
          > I know I could wait until Jadeclaw comes out, but...
          >
          > Is Jadeclaw based primarily on China with other
          > Eastern influences, on
          > China only, or on the whole orient (with an island
          > for Japan,
          > penninsula for Korea, Vietnam, India, etc)?
          >
          > Ted

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • MacKinnon, Ted
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3 5:42 AM
            > Hi Ted,
            >
            > Jadeclaw is strictly dealing with China, more exactly,
            > during the Spring & Autumn -> Warring States period.

            Fantastic.

            > Mei Ling character was created before Jadeclaw project
            > was conceived. Sanguine always wanted to do an
            > oriental theme but they haven't decided which to focus
            > on when Mei Ling character was made.

            Which explains the Japanese-esque stuff. Thanks.

            > The main book, Jadeclaw, focus primary on Zhong Guo,
            > the Middle Kingdom of Jadeclaw. There are nine
            > supplements coming over three years production run. We
            > expected to introduce some of barbarian states like
            > the Jins, Manchu, and Mongols; some foreign nations
            > like Tibets and India. But as for Japan, I believed
            > Sanguine is still soliciting author to do it. Right
            > now, they still brainstorming trying to come up with
            > japan-ish name + claw.

            This is great. As for Japan, I suppose Chrysanthemum Claw just doesn't have
            the impact, besides being wordy. :)

            > Hope this help

            Great stuff - thanks.

            While I'm getting help, I have a query on the Rinaldi -
            How many Rinaldi are there, ruling type? Is there one main family, with a
            bunch of lesser subgroups? I ask because of the events in the Rinaldi book.
            Would this make "Fabrizio" the last of his line? Or are there others, less
            blueblooded that could assume the title?

            It's a bit important to the setting of a story I'm writing.

            Thanks for the answers. Now I'm really champing at the bit.

            Ted
          • lauran parise
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 3:03 PM
              Sakura Claw?
              > This is great. As for Japan, I suppose Chrysanthemum Claw just doesn't
              have
              > the impact, besides being wordy. :)
            • pvanhiel
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3 3:13 PM
                Ooo! Ooo! Hellokitty Claw!

                lauran parise wrote:

                > Sakura Claw?

              • Frank Sronce
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3 3:23 PM
                  "Katana Klaw!"

                  Kiz

                • draconis
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 7 10:30 AM
                    Emerald Claw,, Emerald Claw.

                    Anyway other ideas that came up were Silken claw, Rising Sun claw Crimson
                    Sun Claw but all though they sound cool Emerald Claw.

                    As for Jade Claw it seems to be primarily China. As for Curved swords, the
                    Katana, originated in China but the Japanese took that sword which was much
                    straighter and added more of a curve to it and also improved the metallurgy
                    (strengthening it) making it the katana we know today.

                    (here is where Richard adds some sword knowledge) grin.

                    Draconis

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 7 10:45 AM
                      This is about the Paralyze I spell & it's actually a 2-part question for
                      other hosts:

                      I'm running an adventure & the bad guy took out half the party with
                      paralyze I but then he ran. To cut down on rolling the dice, after all,
                      given time, anyone can beat the difficulty, I want to say that the spell
                      ends at X time. Now even if the party members had botched, the spell would
                      end when the scene ended, so should the spell just fade when the scene ends?
                      2nd, should the spell ends when they stop rolling initiative, i.e. when the
                      bad guys start running? After all, now it has changed to a chase scene.

                      Any ideas?
                      Players: you've already given me your input, so I'm weighing what you've
                      said, too.
                    • MacKinnon, Ted
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 7 11:22 AM
                        > Anyway other ideas that came up were Silken claw, Rising Sun claw
                        > Crimson
                        > Sun Claw but all though they sound cool Emerald Claw.

                        I like Silkenclaw or Silkclaw the best. Although that seems persian.

                        > As for Jade Claw it seems to be primarily China. As for Curved swords,
                        > the
                        > Katana, originated in China but the Japanese took that sword which was
                        > much
                        > straighter and added more of a curve to it and also improved the
                        > metallurgy
                        > (strengthening it) making it the katana we know today.

                        To the best of my knowledge and study, the Katana did not originate in
                        China.
                        The Chinese straight sword (Gim, Jian) bears no resemblance to the Katana at
                        all, being double edged, perfectly straight, one handed (for the most part,
                        though there are two handed versions double edged swords the main two handed
                        weapon in china was the spear or spear-like polearms), and having (above and
                        beyond the double edge) a blade construction altogether different from the
                        Katana.
                        The katana was developed independantly, and bears more resemblance to the
                        Korean sword and vice versa. Which makes a certain amount of sense, seeing
                        as their sword arts have profound resemblances.

                        Ted