Mythical Species Upload

  • Sauvagine
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012
           Hello, all.
           A while back there was a discussion about more mythical beasts as species in Ironclaw/Jadeclaw.  I had worked on it at the time, but I didn't want to polish it off because I wanted to see what Jadeclaw brought (like the specific rules for "Extra Wings," which turned into a stand alone Gift).  In honor of receiving the hardcopy of Jadeclaw, I've finished it and sent it off.  It should be in the files section.  It also contains four new Gifts designed to facilitate mythical beasts, including one Natural Gift (Siren's Call), two Wilding Gifts (Quill Flick and Spray Venom), and one Necromantic Gift (Chonchon).
           If its presence therein is objectionable, feel free to remove it.

           Also, based on something someone else said, I should point out - the Cadejo correctly has "Spray," not "Spray Venom."  It wouldn't be able to take Spray Venom (requires a Spirit die of at least d8), and the Cadejo could produce a skunk like spray of odure in addition to having a poisonous bite.

      --
      Edmund Wilfong

      "In a little while you will be alone in shoreless space, to wander its limitless solitudes without friend or comrade forever - for you will remain a thought, the only existent thought, and by your nature inextinguishable, indestructible.  [...T]here is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell.  It is all a dream - a grotesque and foolish dream.  Nothing exists but you.  And you are but a thought - a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!"
      -The Mysterious Stranger, Mark Twain

      "Welcome to reality.  The paradise of repressed dreams."
      -The Psychiatric Clinic for Abused Cuddly Toys