Formality vs Informal

  • benjaminsama501
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 7:36 AM
      Been having player feed back for a while here on the feeling of the game. Mainly on how they interact with the world.

      Most people in the time span of my games tend to like the idea of being outcasts or rouges, who have little to no affiliation to any house or title. Took me a while to even convince them of looking into guilds for like minded NPCs. Even still they didn't show the guild master the respect of the position, and often don't care for the titles given to them after quest completion.

      Yet they like interacting with people with power. It makes them feel important and needed in the game world.

      As a game host I have started by making sure to tone down the proper talk from NPCs. A sacrifice I would much matter not give up because you never hear a lord say "ya'know" or common curse words around his vassals.

      Maybe I should go with a different setting, or even address the problem with the large social split and keep most of the NPC's informal. All I know is that it isn't a serious issue, and most city guards won't address random adventurers as they would lords and ladies.

      Good luck fellow hosts.
      ~Tigbun