A new question for a new year

  • narsith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
      Has anyone created dungeon/castle maps for use in ironclaw/jadeclaw?

      There are just some days that where even I have a brain failure and need the use of a pre-created map.
    • Roy Friend
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
        I think Greyclaw has some. They should be found here: http://greywolf.critter.net/tiles.htm

        To: ironclaw@yahoogroups.com
        From: shdwsprtdrgnlvr@...
        Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 19:53:49 +0000
        Subject: [ironclaw] A new question for a new year

        Has anyone created dungeon/castle maps for use in ironclaw/jadeclaw?

        There are just some days that where even I have a brain failure and need the use of a pre-created map.

      • Arlene Medder
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2010
          On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:02:34 -0800, Roy Friend <mageknightz@...>
          wrote:
          > I think Greyclaw has some. They should be found here:
          > http://greywolf.critter.net/tiles.htm
          >
          > To: ironclaw@yahoogroups.com
          > From: shdwsprtdrgnlvr@...
          > Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 19:53:49 +0000
          > Subject: [ironclaw] A new question for a new year

          > Has anyone created dungeon/castle maps for use in
          ironclaw/jadeclaw?

          > There are just some days that where even I have a brain failure and need
          > the use of a pre-created map.

          I've also used historic castle floorplans that I found online. It took some
          searching, and some imagination to fill them in, but they worked.
          --
          Arlene J Medder
        • foxiekins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
            --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, Arlene Medder wrote:

            > I've also used historic castle floorplans that I found online.
            > It took some searching, and some imagination to fill them in,
            > but they worked.
            > --
            > Arlene J Medder

            Do you still have URLs...?
          • Tony Demetriou
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
              If you want to make your own floor plans, here's a quick guide on the
              basic layout and the types of rooms you'd find.

              http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Draw-Castle-Floor-Plans&id=377142

              With those in mind, you should be able to quickly draw some boxes for
              each room, and still have something that feels like a castle.

              In Ironclaw, because of burrowing animals, moats would be even more
              important than in our history - the water in the moats stops you being
              able to dig a tunnel into the castle and bypass the defences.
              For that reason, many castles would be on rivers, since you can then
              divert the river to keep the moat full. Castles on rivers are also often
              strategically more important, as you can use the river to move goods and
              people, and the castle may be built at a crossing, making it a crossroad
              both for river and land travel.

              If you want some plans, here are a few:
              http://www.caithness.org/caithness/castles/floorplansindex.htm

              But for a game, you probably just want simple plans. And so it's just
              about as easy to draw your own on the spot.

              Cheers,
              Tony