Re: [ironclaw] Dairy without Mammals

  • Tonbo Karasu
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 1, 2009

      >Eric, didn't you get the memo? We don't talk about where that stuff comes from!

      Purring Maggots are the way to go.

      Karasu

      >On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Eric Funk <eric_funk_anti_ spam_this_ is_a_real_ email_address@ r3d.net> wrote:
      >

      >>I had intended to reply to the thread earlier, but didn't for some reason...
      >>
      >>Anyway, I was reminded about some IRL research that showed that the
      >>proteins in goat's milk are very similar to -- get this -- spider silk.
      >>
      >>http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 2/hi/science/ nature/889951. stm
      >>
      >>http://www.carleton .ca/catalyst/ 2003/s2.html
      >>
      >>In a fictional world, who's to say it can't work the other way, with
      >>silk being boiled with some alchemical process to make it potable.
      >>
      >>(of course, one could go as extreme as Futurama:
      >>
      >>http://theinfospher e.org/images/ 6/62/Buggalo. jpg
      >>
      >>)
      >>
      >>--
      >>Eric Funk
      >>Knowledge Brings Fear -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama
    • Arlene Medder
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 16, 2009
        On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:52:26 -0500, Jeff Chislett <hobbygoblin@...>
        wrote:
        > I'm fully aware of the wildlife situation in the *claw setting. I
        > want to know what the stats for normal animals would be so I can use
        > the Ironclaw rules in a non *claw setting.

        I understand now. What animal stats have you seen? Any?
        Because, for example, the stats for a dray would work for a mule, palfrey
        would work for a horse, etc.

        --
        Arlene J Medder