Character Sheet Revisions ...

  • Gareth Larter
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
      Okay, so I'm revising RavenEyes' character sheet with all the sources
      and I've come across a few interesting snags.

      1) Anyone know what the Flaw of One Eye is? It's referenced as a
      requirement for the Birach-derc Trait in the Phelan book.

      2) Where the heck did Prospector and Fisherman come from? They're
      listed on the Careers summary from the Website but there's no entry
      for them in my rulebook.

      Gareth
    • Arlene Medder
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
        1) It's literally, you're missing one eye, there's a penalty on ranged
        attack, I believe.
        2) Doloreaux book
        Arlene J.

        Quoting Gareth Larter <gar71lar@...>:

        > Okay, so I'm revising RavenEyes' character sheet with all the sources
        > and I've come across a few interesting snags.
        >
        > 1) Anyone know what the Flaw of One Eye is? It's referenced as a
        > requirement for the Birach-derc Trait in the Phelan book.
        >
        > 2) Where the heck did Prospector and Fisherman come from? They're
        > listed on the Careers summary from the Website but there's no entry
        > for them in my rulebook.
        >
        > Gareth

      • Roadstripe Power
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          > Quoth Gareth Larter:
          >
          > Okay, so I'm revising RavenEyes' character sheet with all the
          > sources and I've come across a few interesting snags.
          >
          > 1) Anyone know what the Flaw of One Eye is? It's referenced as a
          > requirement for the Birach-derc Trait in the Phelan book.
          >
          > 2) Where the heck did Prospector and Fisherman come from? They're
          > listed on the Careers summary from the Website but there's no entry
          > for them in my rulebook.

          1) If your character has only one eye, then he or she lacks any depth
          perception. Anything that requires determining depth (such as the
          ranged attack Ms. Medder mentions) will have a penalty applied to it.
          A lack of depth perception isn't insurmountable, however. All a
          person has to do is move their head and note how closer objects move
          against farther ones (a process called parallax). Even so, they still
          get a penalty because using two eyes with parallax is still better
          than using only one eye.

          A character with only one eye also has lost the ability to use their
          peripheral vision in their blinded eye, which means an opponent may
          get an advantage in sneaking up on them or in striking them from behind.

          2) "Fisher" appears in "Jadeclaw" while "Miner" (similar to a
          Prospector) appears in "Doloreax".
        • Gareth Larter
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
            Thank you one and all for your information.

            1) I understand what it means about One Eyes but the point I was
            making is that none of the books contain such a Flaw so I can't
            determine what the point value of it is. Is it somewhere between "Poor
            Vision" (-1 Penalty) and "Blind" (-3 Penalty)??

            2) Hmm ... so "Fisherman" and "Prospector" as listed on the Summary,
            don't actually exist any more?

            --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Roadstripe Power" <cybercornent@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
              > Quoth Gareth Larter:
              >
              > 1) I understand what it means about One Eyes but the point I was
              > making is that none of the books contain such a Flaw so I can't
              > determine what the point value of it is. Is it somewhere between "Poor
              > Vision" (-1 Penalty) and "Blind" (-3 Penalty)??
              >
              > 2) Hmm ... so "Fisherman" and "Prospector" as listed on the Summary,
              > don't actually exist any more?

              Sorry. Just chalk my long-windedness up to me being a loud-mouthed
              schnook?

              1) I'm going to guess that "One Eye" would have a -1 Penalty.

              Even if you had only one eye, your vision in that one eye could still
              be excellent (for a Penalty of -1). However, if the vision in your
              one eye was also lousy, you would have "Poor Vision" on top of "One
              Eye" (for a total Penalty of -2 points). Still, with "Poor Vision" in
              your "One Eye" (-2), you still would be able to see more than someone
              who's "Blind" (-3).

              2) I don't find them in "Ironclaw" or its supplements.
            • Gareth Larter
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
                wrote:
                > Sorry. Just chalk my long-windedness up to me being a loud-mouthed
                > schnook?

                Would I do that ??? Moi? :-P

                > 1) I'm going to guess that "One Eye" would have a -1 Penalty.
                >
                > Even if you had only one eye, your vision in that one eye could still
                > be excellent (for a Penalty of -1). However, if the vision in your
                > one eye was also lousy, you would have "Poor Vision" on top of "One
                > Eye" (for a total Penalty of -2 points). Still, with "Poor Vision" in
                > your "One Eye" (-2), you still would be able to see more than someone
                > who's "Blind" (-3).

                Interesting rational ... let me think on this but I'll probably go
                with your ideas.

                > 2) I don't find them in "Ironclaw" or its supplements.

                Neither could I ... I guess that they're getting disabled from the
                spreadsheet.