Greetings from New Member

  • Jewel
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2008
      Good day! My name is Jewel. I am 23 years old, and live in Virginia
      (moving to NC in Nov.). I am a total history buff, especially medieval
      and renaissance, and am a member of the SCA (Society for Creative
      Anachronism).

      Now, I'm a bit different from probably most or all of you in that I
      don't play tabletop Ironclaw at all...never have *gasp* I play an
      online text version called Ironclaw Online, sponsored by a gaming
      company called Skotos. It has many differences from tabletop Ironclaw,
      I'm sure, but it is the same world in many ways, and I'm hoping to
      learn more about Calabria and help the game I play develop even
      further (it's technically still in beta mode) with details about
      everything from careers to animals to history and beyond!

      There are two reasons I play online Ironclaw and not tabletop. One, I
      love Skotos, and love how they do games. Two, I'm visually impaired,
      and so reading books and using the forms and such is hard for me
      without someone there to assist me, but then they can't play to their
      fullest because they're busy helping me.

      Anyway, that's me. If you don't want me in your group because I don't
      play tabletop, I'll understand. Just let me know. And if you want more
      information about the online game, let me know, too, and I'll gladly
      and shamelessly promote it to the group :P

      Pax Vobiscum,
      Jewel
    • hoss_blacksilver
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2008
        Well Greetings, both to the Ironclaw group and soon to be to North
        Carolina. If you can't read the books, that's understandable why you'd
        prefer to do it online, though any group worth it'd dice would help
        you out with that end. Online there's also RPOL that some of us do, if
        you enjoy your time in Calabria that's the important thing. If you
        have any questions feel free to ask.

        Hoss Blacksilver

        Master of Both Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

        --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Jewel" <avani_pari2@...> wrote:

        > Good day! My name is Jewel. I am 23 years old, and live in Virginia
        > (moving to NC in Nov.). I am a total history buff, especially medieval
        > and renaissance, and am a member of the SCA (Society for Creative
        > Anachronism).
        >
        > Now, I'm a bit different from probably most or all of you in that I
        > don't play tabletop Ironclaw at all...never have *gasp* I play an
        > online text version called Ironclaw Online, sponsored by a gaming
        > company called Skotos. It has many differences from tabletop Ironclaw,
        > I'm sure, but it is the same world in many ways, and I'm hoping to
        > learn more about Calabria and help the game I play develop even
        > further (it's technically still in beta mode) with details about
        > everything from careers to animals to history and beyond!
        >
        > There are two reasons I play online Ironclaw and not tabletop. One, I
        > love Skotos, and love how they do games. Two, I'm visually impaired,
        > and so reading books and using the forms and such is hard for me
        > without someone there to assist me, but then they can't play to their
        > fullest because they're busy helping me.
        >
        > Anyway, that's me. If you don't want me in your group because I don't
        > play tabletop, I'll understand. Just let me know. And if you want more
        > information about the online game, let me know, too, and I'll gladly
        > and shamelessly promote it to the group :P
        >
        > Pax Vobiscum,
        > Jewel

      • Arlene Medder
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2008
          I'm sorry, Jewel. Playing online is fine, but you live in Virginia. We
          just can't accept that.

          For those who cannot see my face, my tongue is shoved firmly into my cheek.

          And if you don't already know about it, there's a Renaissance Festival
          near Kannapolis, NC. http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/
          Arlene J.

          Quoting Jewel <avani_pari2@...>:

          > Good day! My name is Jewel. I am 23 years old, and live in Virginia
          > (moving to NC in Nov.). I am a total history buff, especially medieval
          > and renaissance, and am a member of the SCA (Society for Creative
          > Anachronism).
          > <snip>
          > Anyway, that's me. If you don't want me in your group because I don't
          > play tabletop, I'll understand. <snip>
          >
          > Pax Vobiscum,
          > Jewel

        • Angelo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2008
            Hey, Jewel.
            Your friendly neighborhood StoryBuilder Death here. Do invade our lil group. I am a quiet presence since I do not play the tabletop version either. Instead, I (sometimes) code and build specifically for you. It also helps keep me updated on player's thoughts, ideas and such.
            ~Me

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2008
              Yeah, the regional furs tend to attend that faire the weekend after
              the fall races at Lowes Motor Speedway. We did it one year doing it on
              the weekend of the race and traffic was so bad we swore off ever doing
              it that weekend ever again.