Expansions? Future of Sanguine?

  • Michael Lipton
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hey all, especially employees that are watching the group.

      So we all have been waiting for the expansions. And waiting. And
      waiting. And waiting even more. In the past year we have seen the
      reprinting of Ironclaw and Jadeclaw, fixing mistakes found in the
      original version that we had worked around with for a couple years.
      But as for new material, the awaited expansions, there has been no
      sign and dates of release seem to be a distant memory. There was a
      poll made almost 4 years ago about which supplement we were looking
      forward to the most. I think now, we are just looking forward to them
      in general.

      So, I ask employees, as I figure there are many members here with the
      same question; Will those expansions actually ever be released? And if
      so, can we get some form of date expected?
    • mgrouchevski
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 2, 2008
        I agree. I had long ago consigned myself to believing that these would
        never be printed, but I've always had a small glimmer of hope. Please
        shed light on this.

        --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Lipton" <tahlorn@...> wrote:

        > Hey all, especially employees that are watching the group.
        >
        > So we all have been waiting for the expansions. And waiting. And
        > waiting. And waiting even more. In the past year we have seen the
        > reprinting of Ironclaw and Jadeclaw, fixing mistakes found in the
        > original version that we had worked around with for a couple years.
        > But as for new material, the awaited expansions, there has been no
        > sign and dates of release seem to be a distant memory. There was a
        > poll made almost 4 years ago about which supplement we were looking
        > forward to the most. I think now, we are just looking forward to them
        > in general.
        >
        > So, I ask employees, as I figure there are many members here with the
        > same question; Will those expansions actually ever be released? And if
        > so, can we get some form of date expected?

      • Sanguine Marketing
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
          From another newsgroup, but I think the answer is pretty much the same.
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
            You layout your books in word?  Seriously?  Not in "In Design" or Quark?

            From another newsgroup, but I think the answer is pretty much the same.

            --
            Cordially,

            Chuan Lin
            Sanguine Marketing

            Sanguine Productions Limited
            2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
            Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
            Cincinnati, OH  45208-1320

            Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
            Website: http://www.sanguine.com

            --
            Christopher O. Kidder
            Artistic Director, Commedia Beauregard
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
              Or LaTeX?

              On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Christopher Kidder <cokidder@...> wrote:

              You layout your books in word?  Seriously?  Not in "In Design" or Quark?

              From another newsgroup, but I think the answer is pretty much the same.
              The bad news is, several months ago I lost my job and I had to take various
              temp assignments, eating up my time away from RPG development.

              The good news is, I've got a long-term contract now, and everything is back
              on track!

              The only thing holding up RAIN FROM HEAVEN is the skunkworks of layout,
              which is all on my shoulders, these days. Unless we can find another MS Word
              expert.

              Will keep you posted.

              -- JH

            • P.F. Bruns
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                Kehvarl wrote:

                > Or LaTeX?
                >
                > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Christopher Kidder
                > <cokidder@... <mailto:cokidder@...>> wrote:
                >
                > You layout your books in word? Seriously? Not in "In Design" or Quark?

                If it works, it works.

                Best,
                Perry
                OpenOffice user since 2004

                -=-=-
                ... Everybody's gotta be someplace.
                -- Myron Cohen
              • Matt Hopper
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                  Me and my mate and one other were *sadly* the only ones attending the
                  Sanguine Productions panel at Further Confusion this year, and Richard
                  Stuart told us to expect some big things in the Monderevele universe
                  soon. He wouldn't go into details or dates though. Unfortunately
                  Sanguine didn't have much of a presence at FC because Jason Holmgren
                  was ill or something.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 3, 2008
                    On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:55 PM, P.F. Bruns <mrdbcooper@...> wrote:
                    Kehvarl wrote:

                    > Or LaTeX?
                    >
                    > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Christopher Kidder
                    > <cokidder@... <mailto:cokidder@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > You layout your books in word? Seriously? Not in "In Design" or Quark?

                    If it works, it works.

                    Best,
                    Perry
                    OpenOffice user since 2004

                    .

                    __,_._,

                    You make a strong argument, Perry.

                    Agreed, if MS Word generates the layouts that give us more wonderful Sanguine products, then please continue to use it!

                    Kehvarl
                  • Ian Borchardt
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 4, 2008
                      [Hey can people please summarize and cut their in-reply-copies,
                      _especially_ when they are not making game related posts. Thanks.]

                      On the note of future (and past) product, speaking as someone who has
                      great difficulty getting physical books from the US, is there any
                      possibility of Sanguine expanding their exposure in the PDF market
                      (much as I love the physical books, after such a long delay, the
                      Australian distributer has probably tagged Sanguine products as not
                      worthwhile getting in in any number.) <grin> I'm still waiting for my
                      copy of Albedo through them... And I'm glad you went POD on the
                      Structural Integrity supplement.

                      Is the planned redevelopment into Ironclaw V2 still a likely future development?

                      Ian
                      --
                      Ian Borchardt (iborchar@...)
                      Philosoph, Fool, and Magician
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 4, 2008
                        On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Christopher Kidder
                        <cokidder@...> wrote:

                        > You layout your books in word? Seriously? Not in "In Design" or Quark?

                        Bah, real man use MS Word, our first choice would be submitting stone
                        tablets in cuniforms to the printer.

                        But seriously, Jason has bad experienced with sending work done in
                        Quark to printer. Even the final result is in pdf format, the printer
                        either can't read it and the test print come out all wrong. As for
                        In-Design, I'm not sure why he didn't get it, maybe because he afraid
                        the same mistakes with Quark and that's $100+ down the drain. Since
                        Words worked, he sticked with it.

                        As for release date, I'll be happy if we're able to have something new
                        to show at Anthrocon (knocks on woods)

                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 4, 2008
                          On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Ian Borchardt <iborchar@...> wrote:

                          > On the note of future (and past) product, speaking as someone who has
                          > great difficulty getting physical books from the US, is there any
                          > possibility of Sanguine expanding their exposure in the PDF market
                          > (much as I love the physical books, after such a long delay, the
                          > Australian distributer has probably tagged Sanguine products as not
                          > worthwhile getting in in any number.) <grin> I'm still waiting for my
                          > copy of Albedo through them... And I'm glad you went POD on the
                          > Structural Integrity supplement.

                          We're not planning to go into PDF market anytime soon. The Cons
                          outweigh the Pros. Rather, we would go for POD format.

                          > Is the planned redevelopment into Ironclaw V2 still a likely future
                          > development?

                          Yes, it is just behind Jadeclaw supplements. We have least 4 - 6
                          supplements in the pipeline and would like to get at least 2 - 3 of
                          them out before working on Ironclaw.

                          > Ian
                          > --
                          > Ian Borchardt (iborchar@...)
                          > Philosoph, Fool, and Magician
                          > "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                          > And with strange Ians, even death may die."

                          --
                          Cordially,

                          Chuan Lin
                          Sanguine Marketing

                          Sanguine Productions Limited
                          2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
                          Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
                          Cincinnati, OH 45208-1320

                          Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
                          Website: http://www.sanguine.com
                        • hoss_blacksilver
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 4, 2008
                            Stone tablets in cuneiform? I'd be spoiled if I had to use stone
                            tablets in cuneiform. I say you should go back to painting the books
                            onto the sides of cave walls and anyone who wants a 'Claw book, you
                            bonk over the head with a club and drag them to the cave by their hair.

                            Hoss Blacksilver

                            Master of Both Horseshoes and Handgrenades

                            --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Sanguine Marketing"
                            <Sanguine.Marketing@...> wrote:

                            > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Christopher Kidder
                            > <cokidder@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > You layout your books in word? Seriously? Not in "In Design" or
                            Quark?

                            > Bah, real man use MS Word, our first choice would be submitting stone
                            > tablets in cuniforms to the printer.
                            >
                            > But seriously, Jason has bad experienced with sending work done in
                            > Quark to printer. Even the final result is in pdf format, the printer
                            > either can't read it and the test print come out all wrong. As for
                            > In-Design, I'm not sure why he didn't get it, maybe because he afraid
                            > the same mistakes with Quark and that's $100+ down the drain. Since
                            > Words worked, he sticked with it.
                            >
                            > As for release date, I'll be happy if we're able to have something new
                            > to show at Anthrocon (knocks on woods)
                            > --
                            > Cordially,
                            >
                            > Chuan Lin
                            > Sanguine Marketing
                            >
                            > Sanguine Productions Limited
                            > 2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
                            > Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
                            > Cincinnati, OH 45208-1320
                            >
                            > Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
                            > Website: http://www.sanguine.com

                          • roadstripe_power
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 5, 2008
                              > Quoth Christopher Kidder:
                              >
                              > You layout your books in word? Seriously? Not in "In Design" or
                              > Quark?

                              If it works, don't change word processors in midstream. :p I use MS
                              Word for my writing projects, and it works for my purposes. At least I
                              know how to recover any documents I was working on in the unlikely
                              event my Word goes "ka-splork".

                              As for "Rain from Heaven", I look forward to seeing it and any future
                              supplements. "Jadeclaw" didn't capture my imagination as well
                              as "Ironclaw" did, which I attribute to a necessary evil in both core
                              books – the lack of fleshing out of the respective continents. "Rain
                              from Heaven" would make for a good start for Zhongguo, much as the
                              present supplements did for Calabria.
                            • Michael Lipton
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 17, 2008
                                Ah, I didn't even know they had a panel, otherwise I would have
                                attended with my questions.

                                The thing is, I can be told as many times they want to how good it is
                                going to be, but I want to know when. Even if it is a rough guess. The
                                reply we got here was that they had just formatting issues it seems,
                                but still even there we were given no rough idea of a time frame. And
                                when I hear no time frame given but encouraging words, it make me
                                think that either they have no idea and there are more problems than
                                told, or there is still internal doubt if the books will actually be
                                coming out.

                                --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Hopper" <scrimno@...> wrote:

                                > Me and my mate and one other were *sadly* the only ones attending the
                                > Sanguine Productions panel at Further Confusion this year, and Richard
                                > Stuart told us to expect some big things in the Monderevele universe
                                > soon. He wouldn't go into details or dates though. Unfortunately
                                > Sanguine didn't have much of a presence at FC because Jason Holmgren
                                > was ill or something.
                              • Bengaley
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 17, 2008
                                  Don't worry -

                                  The panel wasn't made of suck and fail only because Richard was there -
                                  I was the official panelist for Sanguine.

                                  The only issue is, and I havn't mentioned it here yet is..

                                  SANGUINE!!

                                  You didn't tell me I was RUNNING A PANEL! I didn't find out until I ran
                                  into the Gaming Lead on Thursday, who said "Oh, so you're the Sanguine
                                  panel guy!"

                                  Which conflicted with a panel I REALLY wanted to attend. Grr, Sanguine, Grr!

                                  Michael Lipton wrote:

                                  > Ah, I didn't even know they had a panel, otherwise I would have
                                  > attended with my questions.
                                  >
                                  > The thing is, I can be told as many times they want to how good it is
                                  > going to be, but I want to know when. Even if it is a rough guess. The
                                  > reply we got here was that they had just formatting issues it seems,
                                  > but still even there we were given no rough idea of a time frame. And
                                  > when I hear no time frame given but encouraging words, it make me
                                  > think that either they have no idea and there are more problems than
                                  > told, or there is still internal doubt if the books will actually be
                                  > coming out.
                                  >
                                  > --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ironclaw%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > "Matt Hopper" <scrimno@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Me and my mate and one other were *sadly* the only ones attending the
                                  > > Sanguine Productions panel at Further Confusion this year, and Richard
                                  > > Stuart told us to expect some big things in the Monderevele universe
                                  > > soon. He wouldn't go into details or dates though. Unfortunately
                                  > > Sanguine didn't have much of a presence at FC because Jason Holmgren
                                  > > was ill or something.

                                • Sanguine Marketing
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 18, 2008
                                    In past, I have given a date for many products and only see it did not
                                    arrives due to various reasons. Why bother then, if I keep giving out
                                    dates that more than likely are not going to be met.

                                    Why, why, why....

                                    Despite being partners and have various contract writers/artists,
                                    Sanguine is still pretty much an one man show, Jason Holmgren, is the
                                    driving force behind it. He attended, coordinated, negotiated,
                                    designed and illustrated. My contribution is writings and helped
                                    maintained public image of Sanguine. The third partner managed
                                    finance. Anyway, enough about us two and back to Jason, he's a
                                    perfectionist. He often saw designing flaws in other game books that
                                    he don't want them to appear in his products (but they still do, and
                                    that irritated him to no end). That why it takes time for him to go
                                    through supplements and core books to make sure they are to his
                                    satisfactions before release to public. And that's why I no longer
                                    bother with giving out dates, but using the old programmer adage, it's
                                    ready when it's ready.

                                    That being said, Loot the Burning House and Rain from Heaven/Pain from
                                    Hell will coming out this year, whether it be Anthrocon, Gen Con,
                                    Midwest Furfest or 2009. Place your bet.

                                    After Chao-xian and Dragon Aegir, Jason will focus on Iron Claw core
                                    and supplements.

                                    Oh Bengaley, I though you love surprises and especially your own spot
                                    light to shine :)

                                    --
                                    Cordially,

                                    Chuan Lin
                                    Sanguine Marketing

                                    Sanguine Productions Limited
                                    2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
                                    Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
                                    Cincinnati, OH 45208-1320

                                    Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
                                    Website: http://www.sanguine.com
                                  • Ithiaca Dreamweaver
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 18, 2008
                                      Speaking of Suprises, Does Sanguine have someone/anyone to run their panel or even table at the Dealers room for the www.rockymountainfurcon.org or not yet in May of this Year.

                                      --
                                      Cordially,

                                      Chuan Lin
                                      Sanguine Marketing

                                      Sanguine Productions Limited
                                      2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
                                      Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
                                      Cincinnati, OH 45208-1320

                                      Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
                                      Website: http://www.sanguine.com

                                      --
                                      The fears, prejudices and limitations that we impose on ourselves must someday pass, because they are not as real as hope, tolerance and possibility. - Gene Roddenberry, Creator of "Star Trek"
                                    • Bengaley
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 18, 2008
                                        My rage is half in jest ;)

                                        But seriously, I thought I was going to be helping run a game of
                                        Jadeclaw originally. Thanks to me being a complete whore for you guys,
                                        though - I managed to bring several copies of all the main IC books.

                                        Sadly, I had to cancel the game. Came down with concrud early, and it
                                        later developed into pnumonia after I got home ;_;

                                        > Oh Bengaley, I though you love surprises and especially your own spot
                                        > light to shine :)
                                      • Sanguine Marketing
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 19, 2008
                                          No, we do not have any plan or anyone who contact us about
                                          rockymountainfurcon. If there is someone, please let me know. And if
                                          someone already send me an email, please contact me again as I
                                          probably inadvertently lose that email :(

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 19, 2008
                                            Hey Bengaley,

                                            Your effort and thoughtfulness is deeply appreciated :) Hope that you
                                            have recover quickly from pnumonia.

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 19, 2008
                                              Thanks.

                                              Remind me to whack you with my first copy of Ironclaw when I finally
                                              meet you in person. If that ever happens.

                                              On a 100% completly unrelated note, you going to be at AC, Chuan? ;)

                                              Sanguine Marketing wrote:

                                              > Hey Bengaley,
                                              >
                                              > Your effort and thoughtfulness is deeply appreciated :) Hope that you
                                              > have recover quickly from pnumonia.
                                              >
                                              > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Bengaley <arlenecohen@...
                                              > <mailto:arlenecohen%40cox.net>> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > My rage is half in jest ;)
                                              > >
                                              > > But seriously, I thought I was going to be helping run a game of
                                              > > Jadeclaw originally. Thanks to me being a complete whore for you guys,
                                              > > though - I managed to bring several copies of all the main IC books.
                                              > >
                                              > > Sadly, I had to cancel the game. Came down with concrud early, and it
                                              > > later developed into pnumonia after I got home ;_;
                                              > >

                                              > --
                                              > Cordially,
                                              >
                                              > Chuan Lin
                                              > Sanguine Marketing
                                              >
                                              > Sanguine Productions Limited
                                              > 2692 Madison Road 1-PMB-279
                                              > Rookwood Pavilion, Suite N1
                                              > Cincinnati, OH 45208-1320
                                              >
                                              > Telephone and Fax: 312 803 1961
                                              > Website: http://www.sanguine.com <http://www.sanguine.com>

                                            • Sanguine Marketing
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 20, 2008
                                                On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Bengaley <arlenecohen@...> wrote:

                                                > Thanks.
                                                >
                                                > Remind me to whack you with my first copy of Ironclaw when I finally
                                                > meet you in person. If that ever happens.

                                                lol, somehow I keep imaging you as Kaori with 100lb mallet waiting to greet me.

                                                > On a 100% completly unrelated note, you going to be at AC, Chuan? ;)

                                                ummmm, no, see above for why
                                              • arlenecohen@cox.net
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 20, 2008
                                                  Keep imagining that. That's EXACTLY what I look like. Ignore the nerd with the glasses and the snow leopard tail. He's not me. He's just heading for behind the curtain.