Re: [ironclaw] New player

  • Arlene Medder
    Message 1 of 16 , May 4, 2007
      Don't ask about milk or wool sources.

      Questions for you:
      Do you have a set of dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, & d12)? Paper? Pencil? Pen?

      Have you read the game book? Is there anything you don't understand?

      Have you created a character?
      Arlene J.

      Quoting Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@...>:

      > long time no chat. *giggles* yes i am looking to play the game and
      > have some fun. can you help me out? is there anything i need to know
      > about this game or anything i need to get?

    • Night Howler
      Message 2 of 16 , May 4, 2007
        i dont have any of that and only looked thu the game book. like i said i am very new and wish to start playing the game.

        Quoting Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@ yahoo.com>:

        > long time no chat. *giggles* yes i am looking to play the game and
        > have some fun. can you help me out? is there anything i need to know
        > about this game or anything i need to get?

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • hoss_blacksilver
        Message 3 of 16 , May 4, 2007
          Pencil and Paper are easy enough to find. As for a new player
          looking for their first dice, I'd suggest looking in the yellow
          pages for a local gaming shop. They tend to sell dice, especially in
          nice little pre-packaged 7 packs (1 20-sider, 1 12-sider, 2 10-
          siders, 1 8-sider, 1 6-sider and 1 4-sider). It might run you $5-8
          each.

          Oh, Arlene. You forgot to mention to never eat the cookies.

          Hoss Blacksilver
          Master of Both Horseshoes and Handgrenades

          --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@...>
          wrote:

          > i dont have any of that and only looked thu the game book. like i
          said i am very new and wish to start playing the game.

          > Arlene Medder <ajmedder@...>
          wrote: Don't ask about milk or wool
          sources.

          Message 4 of 16 , May 5, 2007
            cookies? i dont get it, but i am going shopping for the dices now.

            Message 5 of 16 , May 5, 2007
              That's cool. Everybody started at some point.

              The cookies thing is a long-running list gag.

              It involves a certain NPC necromancer, who showed up in someone's game
              & offered the PC's a plate of cookies. They were 'almond' (aka
              poisoned) flavored, at least that's the gag.

              Message 6 of 16 , May 6, 2007
                *rolles over and falls out of bed* ok i got the dice and the paper and i had to buy a pencil. lol i have not used a pencil in about 3yrs. but i got one. but as for the book no luck and the guys i talked to where no help at all. any place on the net i can order from?

                Arlene Medder <ajmedder@...> wrote:
                That's cool. Everybody started at some point.

                The cookies thing is a long-running list gag.

                It involves a certain NPC necromancer, who showed up in someone's game
                & offered the PC's a plate of cookies. They were 'almond' (aka
                poisoned) flavored, at least that's the gag.
                Arlene J.

                Quoting Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@ yahoo.com>:

                > i dont have any of that and only looked thu the game book. like i
                > said i am very new and wish to start playing the game.

                Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              • Sean L. McLane
                Message 7 of 16 , May 6, 2007
                  > From: Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@...>
                  > Subject: Re: [ironclaw] New player
                  >
                  > *rolles over and falls out of bed* ok i got the dice and the paper and i
                  > had to buy a pencil. lol i have not used a pencil in about 3yrs. but i got
                  > one. but as for the book no luck and the guys i talked to where no help at
                  > all. any place on the net i can order from?

                  You can buy directly from the company:

                  http://www.sanguine.com/ordernow.shtml

                  -Sean, CI
                • Night Howler
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 6, 2007
                    thanks. wow there are so many books. lol. ok i am ordering now. but what is the other books? Supplement? lol good think i have all day to read . lol thanks.

                    "Sean L. McLane" <zodo@...> wrote:
                    > From: Night Howler <kuro_ookami85@ yahoo.com>
                    > Subject: Re: [ironclaw] New player
                    >
                    > *rolles over and falls out of bed* ok i got the dice and the paper and i
                    > had to buy a pencil. lol i have not used a pencil in about 3yrs. but i got
                    > one. but as for the book no luck and the guys i talked to where no help at
                    > all. any place on the net i can order from?

                    You can buy directly from the company:

                    http://www.sanguine .com/ordernow. shtml

                    -Sean, CI

                    Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                  • Kevin Clark
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 6, 2007
                      Here is the list of current *Claw books:
                      IronClaw:  Core manual, contains all you need to get started; includes lists of careers, races, equipment and magic spells, oooooooh ^_^  Set roughly in Renaissance Europe.  Concerned with the struggle of one House against another.
                          Rinaldi:  First supplement.  Details the history of the fox Great House that rules the island of Calabria, where IronClaw is set. (Italian Foxes!)
                          Doloreaux:  Concerning the life and rituals of the Great House of old-religion boars (Pagan Piggies!)
                          Avoirdupois:  The nobility and sanctimony of the Great House with the island's largest standing army (French Horses!)
                          Phelan:  The barbaric wolves of the north, and their fearsome feral faculties (Old-Celt Wolves!)
                          Bisclavret:  The hyper-modern wolves of the western Great House, who are nothing at all like the Phelan.  Clockwork!  Gunpowder!  Trendiness!  (New-Celt Wolves!)
                      (Blue diamonds!  Pink hearts!  Orange stars!)

                      And then there's JadeClaw, which (as far as I know) doesn't have any supplements yet.  Same general ruleset, but with a Far East flavor.  With a side of hot and sour soup.

                      .