Re: REMINDER: Jadeclaw revised edition preorder ends in 9 Days!!!

  • Graham Kavanagh
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2006
      oooh the tension - 5 hours to go and 75-99% of the pledges in.

      fetch

      --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "hendrikhorstmann"
      <hendrikhorstmann@...> wrote:

      > Yes, they take, Vsa, MAster Card, American express and Discover.
      > But I have never used them. I have no credit card.
      > Here in germany are another type of bank cards common used. You can
      > use credit cards, but I prefer the bank cards. Its free, no fee ,if
      > you are young enough, and some other advantages. So I had never the
      > need to get a credit card. And i am also suspicious about using a
      > credit card at the internet. But its your choice.
      >

      > Just click on credit crad on the right (at the webpage of htis link)
      > https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/jadeclaw30/
      >
      > best regards
      > hendrik

    • Evan Hisey
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 14, 2006
        Another little historical peek-
        In the common conflict between armor knight and unarmored peasant,
        teh peasant got creative for just the reasons described. Some of the
        more inventive solutions where the gutentag(spelling?): a wooden maul
        with with a 6 to 10 spike on each 5 of teh 6 side of the square head
        with the handle on the 6. The head measured around 8-12 inches along a
        given edge, the awlspike; a spear with 3 foot handle and 3 foot iron
        point with 6inch diameter bell guard where the shaft and point met.
        The idea behind all this is that for teh underarmored fighter you have
        to get inventive. The best way to takedown an armored foe is to
        literally take them down. It reduce their effectiveness and makes that
        armor a problem. One last nasty peasant/brigand trick was to aquire
        cargo nets, cheaper than armor and alot more useful. Two guys with a
        net can really ruin the day of armored opponents.

        Evan