Re: A question of "Race" ...

  • Athelind Stormdancer
    Message 1 of 21 , May 4, 2006
      --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, Arlene Medder <ajmedder@...> wrote:

      > Tribe w/ Natural skills & traits works.

      I'd rather not use "Tribe" in this context, because we plan to
      use it to mean, well, "Tribe".

      The term carries connotations that don't mesh well with the
      setting, and it doesn't mean what we want it to mean.

      -- Your Obedient Serpent
    • Arlene Medder
      Message 2 of 21 , May 5, 2006
        Blast English & it's inaccuracies. (note: wry tone of voice)

        Doesn't have a word that conveys people of different species without
        using the word species. I even tried a thesaurus & we all see how well
        that worked out.
        Arlene J.

      • tarotmage2002@netzero.net