Erratum?

  • tarotmage2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      I was updating my databases to include information from the various
      supplements (which reminds me -- need to order that WoH edition of
      Jadeclaw) and I came across what seems to be an inconsistency.

      On page 35 of _Doloreaux_, it says that the career of Midwife is
      included with the skill of Physician. _Avoidupois_ also refers to
      this skill, in the "new gifts" section, under the requirements for a
      Sacerdotal Indulgence: Guerisseur.

      I've not been able to find this skill in the core manual, though I
      did find Medicine. Am I simply looking in the wrong place?

      Cheers,
      Kevin Clark
    • Diana Wray
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        I've not been able to find this skill in the core manual, though  I did find Medicine.  Am I simply looking in the wrong place?

        Nope, I assume Physician in both cases is a misprint.  It should be Medicine.

        LP
      • foxiekins
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
          --- In ironclaw@yahoogroups.com, "Diana Wray" wrote:

          > > I've not been able to find this skill in the core manual, though
          > > I did find Medicine. Am I simply looking in the wrong place?
          >

          > Nope, I assume Physician in both cases is a misprint. It should
          > be Medicine.

          To me, Physician sounds more like a Career, while Medicine sounds
          more like a Skill...

          Also, I was reading through Avoidupois yesterday, and noticed
          something that doesn't involve Game Statistics, but has me wondering
          nonetheless... On page 46, in the first tenet of Heliodromency, it
          refers to Anu the All-Father and his seven incarnations...

          However, it only mentions six... Creator of the World, Destroyer in
          War, Wind of the Plains, Unsparing Justice, Lord of Secrets, and the
          All-Father... What's the seventh aspect...?
        • Kevin Clark
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
            > To me, Physician sounds more like a Career, while Medicine sounds
            > more like a Skill...

            And that would make sense, except that it's not mentioned as a Career
            anywhere, either.
          • athelind@stormdancer.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
              On 2 Aug 2004 at 2:00, foxiekins wrote:

              > Also, I was reading through Avoidupois yesterday, and noticed
              > something that doesn't involve Game Statistics, but has me wondering
              > nonetheless... On page 46, in the first tenet of Heliodromency, it
              > refers to Anu the All-Father and his seven incarnations...
              >
              > However, it only mentions six... Creator of the World, Destroyer in
              > War, Wind of the Plains, Unsparing Justice, Lord of Secrets, and the
              > All-Father... What's the seventh aspect...?

              That is one of the deepest Secrets of The Lord of Secrets, known
              only, if at all, to the initiates of the Innermost Circles of the
              Mysteries Of Heliodromency.

              -- Your Obedient Serpent