Monthly File /Moderator/char.sheet.text

  • ironclaw-owner@ONElist.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
      [This message contained attachments]
    • ZdeLameter@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
        In a message dated 1999-10-01 06:16:55 Pacific Daylight Time,
        ironclaw-owner@... writes:

        > From: ironclaw-owner@...
        >
        > CQkJICAgICAgIEkgUiBPIE4gQyBMIEEgVw0KDQpOYW1lOg0KDQog...

        <SNIP>

        Well. This looks vaguely cabalistic. I wonder what would happen if I
        attempted to chant it out loud?
      • Grey, Rosemary
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
          wow. you got more out of it than I did. I've never been able to even open
          any ch. sheet sent me at all.

        • ajmedder@xxxxx.xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
            > From: "Grey, Rosemary" <RosemarG@...>
            >
            > wow. you got more out of it than I did. I've never been able to even open
            > any ch. sheet sent me at all.
            Ditto
            Arlene Medder
          • Sean L. McLane
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
              > From: ironclaw-owner@onelist.com
              > Subject: [ironclaw] Monthly File /Moderator/char.sheet.text
              >
              > From: ironclaw-owner@...
              >
              > CQkJICAgICAgIEkgUiBPIE4gQyBMIEEgVw0KDQpOYW1lOg0KDQogQm9keToNCiBNaW5kOg0K

              >SNIP!<

              Anyone have any idea what format this is in? I, as I've mentioned before,
              am a net-dinosaur, and read my email with good old mailx. This has the
              advantage that I'm immune to email viruses, like Melissa and Happy99, but
              also means that I can't readily view attachments. If I knew what kind of
              formate it was in, I could save the file, and open it with the appropriate
              program.

              Thanks, folks.

              Sean L. McLane | I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed,
              zodo@... | briefed, debriefed, or numbered.
              My life is my own!
              -The Prisoner
              Secretary for Lunar Exploration
              Cyber Yugoslavia: http://www.juga.com/
            • ZdeLameter@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
                In a message dated 1999-10-01 09:29:58 Pacific Daylight Time,
                zodo@... writes:

                > Anyone have any idea what format this is in? I, as I've mentioned before,
                > am a net-dinosaur, and read my email with good old mailx. This has the
                > advantage that I'm immune to email viruses, like Melissa and Happy99, but
                > also means that I can't readily view attachments. If I knew what kind of
                > formate it was in, I could save the file, and open it with the appropriate
                > program.

                Yes. It's Gibberish.
              • Grey, Rosemary
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
                  > ----------
                  > Yes. It's Gibberish.

                  Gee. Wow. Thanks very much for clearing that up!
                • Alexander Williams
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 1999
                    On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 11:29:41AM -0500, Sean L. McLane wrote:
                    > Anyone have any idea what format this is in? I, as I've mentioned before,
                    > am a net-dinosaur, and read my email with good old mailx. This has the
                    > advantage that I'm immune to email viruses, like Melissa and Happy99, but
                    > also means that I can't readily view attachments. If I knew what kind of
                    > formate it was in, I could save the file, and open it with the appropriate
                    > program.

                    Putting on my net.dino hate and doing the equivalent of reading the
                    future by looking at the pattern of tea leaves in the bottom of a cup,
                    I'm going to say that it /looks/ like MIME 64bit encoding, but for
                    some reason it has no headers. I have /no/ idea what Onelist is up to
                    with it, though.

                    --
                    Alexander Williams (thantos@...-web.net)
                    "In the end ... Oblivion Always Wins."